Thursday, July 14, 2005

My Piece of Heaven...

After a day of moping at home, living on crackers, being online and a cancelled dinner arrangement, I decided to 'layan' my restless being. Made new dinner-movie plans and headed to 1U.

Arrived early and while waiting, I collected a newly acquired and altered white linen 'future' work pants from MNG. I also purchased a pair of black chandelier looking earrings with little gems - which will be perfect for elegant dinners.

We decided on Deli-cious for dinner. Gobbled up a tasty Shepherd's Pie and shared a sinful indulgent - a chocolate brownie with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream which was simply yuuuummy...and satisfying. As he insistently said, "If it's good, it's worth it" when I mentioned about calories piling up and my reading going sky high if I had one of those calories calculator.

Stepped into Zara (Sales!Sales!Sales!) as there was still time to kill before the War of the Worlds. Was browsing when a casual white top with the word 'Heaven' in black caught my eye. All of a sudden I felt a rush of blood to the head. "You have that top...you bought it...but yours was black with 'Heaven' in white...but...where is it?!". It strucked me! I realised I had a top exactly like that but I never wore it. Told him I was absolutely sure I bought it when he asked whether I was. Every bone in my body, every nerve was screaming affirmative! I knew I did! I did!

In the midst of my frustration and memory lapse, I managed to grab a pair of dark brown three quarters - linen material again (Is it a sign?). He did try to steer me away with good intentions by reminding me of the bummer that I am now but I succumbed to the shopaholic in me, as always. Besides, it's on sale and in my size which is so hard to find...(Excuses! Excuses!).

Anyway, the war was waging soon and we proceeded to GSC's latest and newest. Was quite impressed - seats were better cushioned, there were more leg space (Won't have your shoes and feet stepped on by latecomers and toilet dashers) and cleaner toilets at that (Duhhh! It's because it has *New* plastered all over it, bet it'll be smelly and dirty pretty soon like the rest). Did feel as though I was in a club toilet, for it was dimly litted and had pieces of glass for sinks (I could hardly see myself looking at the mirror, much less where I was pee-ing into. Velvet is so darn bright compared to this).

Anyhow, my mind was still occupied about 'Heaven'. Whining I rambled on, "Perhaps I'm not meant to have anything positive. Bet if the top had 'Hell' printed on, it won't have gone missing for I still know where my 'Evil' and 'Devil' tops are...! Perhaps I'm not meant to go to Heaven! Shucks! What if it's an omen?! Should I go into confession?!". I guess he was sick of hearing me complain and offered to get me another one if I failed to find it at home but it won't be the same...it won't be The One true 'Heaven'. Sniff.

* Spoiler Alert *
Movie was alright with a rather abrupt ending. Not what I expected from Spielberg but an enjoyable fare in the whole, watching blood sucking vampire-like alien robots invading earth who in the end lacked immunity and ceased to exist. Headed home and started looking frantically for 'Heaven'. Piles and piles of clothing were messed up. Every nook and cranny of my two wardrobes was strip searched but still I couldn't find it. Arrrrgghh! I sat down in the middle of my sanctuary and sighed. The possibility of me not buying it in the first place did rub on me but I was not convinced. I was determined to find 'Heaven'. Closed my eyes and started to go back in time, trying to recall the details before and after...

I remember!!!
Saw myself in Zara KLCC and me walking into the fitting room. Remembered discovering about a premature visit of my monthly dreaded 'aunty' when I was trying it on. Looking down, I was shocked at her untimely arrival. Grumbled about how I wished I was a guy where there'll be no unwanted surprises. Quickly slipped back into what I was wearing and proceeded to the cashier to pay. Dashed to a Guardian pharmacy to buy the necessary and placed it inside the Zara paperbag together with 'Heaven'.

Therefore, I DID buy 'Heaven'! But where the heck is it now??!!!

And so I continued my time travel...
After 'padding' myself, I met up with my mom, dad and aunt from Singapore for an early dinner at Madam Kwan's (I had Nasi Bojari!). We decided to pop by Mid Valley after for more shopping and I met up with KG, WW and PCW who were there for dinner. We chatted, had coffee at StarBucks and I left with my family. This was all I could salvage from that Sunday....

The mystery remained unsolved.

After a warm bath and catching CSI, I continued my rummaging. Went through and ransacked my stacks of clothing again and this time hidden in the layers...my gleam of hope became a ray of shining light. There in the heaps, I found a folded black top. At that moment, I knew my search was over. I gently unfolded it and there was 'Heaven'....it all its glory! Just starred at it for a while, eyes unblinking. I hugged and smelled it as though it was a newborn baby. Ironically and strangely, it was squashed in between 'Devil' and 'Evil' (Another sign?). Placed it on a clothes hook using my favourite purple hanger, tidied the volcano eruption of clothes and surrendered to the night, tired from my hunt for 'Heaven' which unknowingly was lost but found again.

I woke up this morning, and the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes, was my piece of 'Heaven'...looking back at me :).

It shall be officiated and de-virginised soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you are destined for heaven after all... :)

Told ya you'll find it! You wanted it so much, thus the universe conspires to help you find it... < grin >

6:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is that 'he' huh???

12:11 pm  
Blogger Perfectly Flawed® said...

Hhmm...why the interest? Share it and I'll tell you :)

5:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home