Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Tuesday Night Inner Dialogue

Why do we risk everything, if we stand to gain nothing but pain and memories to haunt us?
Why is it that we hope, if it is indeed not meant to be?
Why is it confounded out of hand, if it is written in the stars and in our hearts?
Why can't we help from falling, if we know there is no future to grasp?
Why are we amazed with the degree of love one can have for us, if we ourselves are capable to love with the same or comparable intensity?


You can't help who you love, you're not supposed to. The heart decides who it loves and who it doesn't. You can't tell your heart what to do. It does it on it's own, when you least suspect it or when you don't want it to.

Anyone who can touch you, can hurt you or heal you.
Anyone who can reach you, can love you or leave you.

*************************************

Sometimes the most important things are the hardest to say. These are the things we get ashamed of because words diminish them, words shrink things that seem timeless when they were in our head to no more than living size when they are brought out - Stephen King

But then again, the best feelings are those that have no words to describe them...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am beginning to like your blog a lot, especially the few recent posts. I reckon because it has explained very explicitly about how I have been feeling - you want to follow what your heart says, but maybe in reality it is not exactly a good idea.

MAC*

1:20 am  
Blogger Perfectly Flawed® said...

Mac,

Yeah...Idealist vs. Realist in me.
Well, if there's anyone that can tell me the answers when it comes to dealing with matters of the heart, I'm all ears. I guess there are people who can, those who have been through the same experience but at the end of the day, it's up to us anyway. Sometimes we know we are heading full speed, towards a brick wall but we still can't help but crash into it.

At one part of my life, I used to tell myself, "To be happy...do what makes you happy". And I did stick to it. But then a wise one replied, "Even if it makes your loved ones unhappy?".

Sigh...

10:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Mac. I seriously think that we have so much in common..

If we have the chance to meet for coffee...bet we ton of things to share...

Cheers

1:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meeting up? Hahhaha, does not sound like a bad idea at all. Then we can start to bitch about men!

MAC*

7:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home