Constant Craving for 90% Wheat Cereal
Confession time.
I have an addiction for Jacob's Cream Crackers. Can have it and nothing else for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. Had two for breakfast to day and while writing this blog, I am into my 7 1/2 helping of the day. Sometimes, when I've had a heavy lunch and don't feel like pigging out for dinner...I will feast on a plate...dipping each piece into a cup of hot milo. But one has to master the skill in dipping to enjoy a cracker to its very core. The key is to not wait for the cracker to get all 'lembik' and break in the process when you submerge it but allowing enough absorption for it to be just slightly off soft but still retaining it's crispiness.
There have been instances after dinner, where my eyes will catch sight of the cracker tin while wiping or washing the dishes. I won't be able to help myself and end up succumbing to a piece, even 1/2 a piece will do to satisfy, to seal my meal. Hhmm, should I be getting worried? Even my dad who's never to question my consumption of food (as I don't eat unneccesarily) has started asking about my fetish for crackers.
Call me an addict to crackers, but there's simply something about the freshness, the smell of the crackers when I open the lid that exudes into my nostrils and sends a signal to the brain, making me long for it and wanting to take a bite. Basically, I'm not a food person. I think we should 'Eat to Live' not 'Live to Eat' but when it comes to my favourites (especially pasta), I'm all about indulging and savouring...and pampering my tastebuds. Guess this is an example of when we make an exception in life, for the things we just can't get enough of.
What can I say?! I AM weird in some ways and a few I know would agree with me. But this is how we are unique, it is our individuality, it makes us extraordinary. It grants us the priviledge to set ourselves apart from another, other than the inherent, most apparent universal fact - our thumbprints. Our idiosyncrasies are our own. They make us distinct, make us special...There's a freak in all of us...whether we are aware of it or not.
P/S Foolish as it sounds but does overeating crackers contribute to weight gain?
I have an addiction for Jacob's Cream Crackers. Can have it and nothing else for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. Had two for breakfast to day and while writing this blog, I am into my 7 1/2 helping of the day. Sometimes, when I've had a heavy lunch and don't feel like pigging out for dinner...I will feast on a plate...dipping each piece into a cup of hot milo. But one has to master the skill in dipping to enjoy a cracker to its very core. The key is to not wait for the cracker to get all 'lembik' and break in the process when you submerge it but allowing enough absorption for it to be just slightly off soft but still retaining it's crispiness.
There have been instances after dinner, where my eyes will catch sight of the cracker tin while wiping or washing the dishes. I won't be able to help myself and end up succumbing to a piece, even 1/2 a piece will do to satisfy, to seal my meal. Hhmm, should I be getting worried? Even my dad who's never to question my consumption of food (as I don't eat unneccesarily) has started asking about my fetish for crackers.
Call me an addict to crackers, but there's simply something about the freshness, the smell of the crackers when I open the lid that exudes into my nostrils and sends a signal to the brain, making me long for it and wanting to take a bite. Basically, I'm not a food person. I think we should 'Eat to Live' not 'Live to Eat' but when it comes to my favourites (especially pasta), I'm all about indulging and savouring...and pampering my tastebuds. Guess this is an example of when we make an exception in life, for the things we just can't get enough of.
What can I say?! I AM weird in some ways and a few I know would agree with me. But this is how we are unique, it is our individuality, it makes us extraordinary. It grants us the priviledge to set ourselves apart from another, other than the inherent, most apparent universal fact - our thumbprints. Our idiosyncrasies are our own. They make us distinct, make us special...There's a freak in all of us...whether we are aware of it or not.
P/S Foolish as it sounds but does overeating crackers contribute to weight gain?



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home