Sunday, June 19, 2005

Me and my bloody Saturday...

I'm one of those people who takes good care of their mobile...Try to maintain a scratchless surface, no dents and have consistently maintained a clean record of not dropping it. Just my inner critic that makes me a perfectionist sometimes...

Furthermore, have an inkling that I might suffer from a slight case of the OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). Felt some familiarity towards Jack Nicholson's character in As Good As It Gets, knew exactly what he was going through. There are some things which I just need to do when the opportunity strikes simply because if I don't, I won't feel good about it... and sometimes certain things even become a routine and perturbed is how I would feel if I skipped it, and in this instance of it happening, it would no doubt be beyond my control.

There was once I got down from my car during a red light stop to close the petrol lid of a Toyota which I spotted from around 3 - 4 cars away. Knew the timing of the lights as I used it everyday for work, and it was gonna go green soon but I just had to do it. The open lid just triggered a part of me and I knew that if I didn't do anything about it, I would feel uneasy and irritated. I unbuckled, ran to the car as fast as I could, shut the lid and dashed back. Just as I did, the lights changed almost instantly. My jello friend aka colleague who was in the car with me was like "Ookkayyy...couldn't you just let it be?" Seriously I couldn't...it would have bothered me silly for some time to come.

Back to my mobile...Well guess what??? I dropped it!!! I dropped it right smack on an uneven tar surface. There it went diving from mid air and landed face down splat! on the ground...I stood paused in the moment just looking at it, in the middle of the road. Hit the 'play' button as there was an oncoming car, picked it up and walked away from the scene of the so-called accident. Results from victim's post examination? External injuries - severe scarring from the impact of a high fall on the lower left side, moderate scarring on the top right hand corner, slightly indented joystick and loose keypads. Internal injuries - not found, so far so good...hopefully!...Sigh...there goes my almost perfect mobile...joining the ranks of the damaged colony...

Anyway, got over my mobile (for the time being) and was set for a fun night out at Poppy/Passion. Anyone who knows me well enough will know that I'm one who's not, and I mean so not into dresses, skirts (a self declared pants person) and high heels (max I'll go any given day is 1.5''). Somehow that night...just felt like being ladylike, perhaps my estrogen levels were high that day, and I saw the need to exert some femininity...hhmmm... whatever the reason was I slipped into a black dress with 2'' heels and as I was looking at myself in front of my mirror before heading out I said to myself, I'm comfortable, I feel good, I look alright, I can carry this off, I can...I can...

Yeah and CAN I did!...as in being careless...I missed a step, tripped, fell and embarassed myself right in front of Poppy just as I arrived! Another pause for the day as I just froze on bended knees, hanging by the moment until a Red Saviour lifted me up. Post examination for this fall? Scraped both my knees, one worse than the other, suffered bruises, cuts and was bleeding quite profusely. Managed to get some anticeptic (Thanks FF!) from the management to clean the wound (:) KG). Later on, and until now I started limping a little as I landed on the bony area of the knee and it hurt when applied pressure onto. The worst was whenever I got restless and did my Poppy/Passion to Passion/Poppy rounds cause the stairs were a killer! Sigh...so much for being ladylike is what I can say...sniff...maybe it's a sign...a sign that I'm not meant to be feminine...

So there you have it... my 'Falling Saturday'...adds to the list of my life's shenanigans and indeed there has been quite a few...which makes living more 'drama mama'...As my wounds heal slowly but surely...can't help but reiterate how ironic things can be...in my 10 years of clubbing, I have not thought 'pretty' and on that fateful day I decide to...I plunk in style...

Fingers crossed...that there won't be any scarring...if yes, my fate as a pants person will be sealed forever...sniff...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh! so tats wat happened! hehehe .. of course u were clumsy! alwiz wear pants .. body so routined to walk in pants .. suddenly have to walk more feminine to follow the dress ... heheheh ... anyway .. i tot u look nice in the dress and in your new hair do .. violet! :P

12:30 pm  
Blogger Perfectly Flawed® said...

Thanks WW :)

Well, as the song goes...a change will do you good...hhmm...actually not so much of a hairstyle change, just keeping the fringe since I've had it short for almost 1 1/2 years now.

As for the feminine look, that so ought to be re-evaluated considering the current 'beautiful and flawless' condition of my knees :(.

2:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home