Friday, June 10, 2005

A Memorial - where some find peace of mind...

"...we'll reach a certain point in our lives, look around and realise that all the things we said we'd do and become will never come to be - and that we're ordinary..."

- recently passed over, actress Anne Bancroft

I always try not to conform to the norm...do things differently...swaying slightly off from the usual...at least I can look back one day when my wrinkles have all sprouted, when I'm a vegetable of a form and tell myself..as cliche as it sounds... I did it my way? Last night I attended a memorial of a friend's aunt and thought to myself as testimonials were given, what will people say of me when I'm gone? Hhmm...strange as it seems, somehow I think my time on earth will not drag on for long...as in I don't think I will live to see my children's children...that is IF I ever do have kids and IF I ever tie the knot. I reckon I won't be smiling and cutting my birthday cake at the ripe old age of 65...probably be six feet underground by then...perhaps even earlier.

Had a near death experience 6 years ago. Fell into a coma for 3 days and when I finally woke up, I opened my eyes to a room filled with flowers of all sorts. It was simply beautiful...For a moment, I thought I died and gone to heaven. No, I did not see any light and if I did and can't remember, I guessed I must have walked away from it. Guess it was not my time yet...that February in 1999.

Fast forward to 2005, I'm going through a phase where words are not enough...To few won't sum up how I feel...too many's just too much and might conjure more emotions, causing more burden and uneasiness. I read all the signs and I saw the lost coming but I'm not ready for a goodbye....can't ask for more...and now I'm split in two...

Sigh, on this Friday, I hope everyone will find and discover their peace of mind before the end of their journey of life...so that you can tell yourself...I am satisfied, I'm living a contented existence and there's nothing more I want or need to fulfill a part of me to make me whole.

Have a good weekend people...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home