A test of Love?
Couldn't wait to blog on this so I am taking my so-called time before lunch to. This morning on the way to work, I tuned into the Hitz.Fm daily Gotcha session. For those of you who don't know, here's how it works. You can write in/ email your request and idea to play a phone prank on anyone and the morning crew will be the do-ers.
Scenario for today's prank
E calls B to tell her that C, her boyfriend has been cheating on her. Using football as an excuse to meet with D, C will get E to tell him the scores and highlights of the match so B won't suspect. E decides to spill the beans to B because he thinks it's not right and also because he is interested in B and wants to date her.
What happened
Well, B did not fall for it and said that she does not believe E. She starts asking questions as to how E got to know C, how E got her number and all. E even offered to give D's phone number to prove his story.
Therefore, the fundamental of the prank, it being a prank and someone has to fall for it didn't exactly work out. B's boyfriend, C came on air and admitted that it was him behind the prank, that the story was bullshit. Well, usually I won't think twice about the prank and proceed to switch the channel if a nice song does not play but the reason he did it was what ticked me off. He said he wanted to 'test' the love she has for him and to see whether she was true to her words that seeing is believing, hearing isn't.
My two cents worth
Gosh, if I were B...I would have felt disappointed and angry at my boyfriend, C. Firstly , for the reason being, that he thought about the joke and secondly for having the nerve in executing it. I mean didn't he weigh the consequences of his actions? Didn't he put B's feelings into consideration? How she would feel, knowing that she was put to test in front of everyone (mind you transmission covers other countries as well) that was tuning in? Perhaps no, because he was so steadfast in proving B wrong...in making a point. Come to think of it, don't know whether it's a good or bad thing it backfired. Guess it's up to them. For it's always about the two people in a relationship and we'll never know what followed after...but the point I wanna make is...do we have to resort to test the one we're with? I am aware in this time and age that not all relationships are made in heaven, most are not a bed of roses but... on national radio??!!
Yes, sometimes we do wanna hear and feel to confirm the love someone holds for us (words and actions = confirmation + affirmation). It makes us feel good, makes our heart skip a bit, makes us float on cloud 9 for a while, allows some happy in-luuuurve hormones to trigger, but there certainly has to be a limit, a boundary as to how far one can go, right? Moreover, what happens between two people should stay between two people unless it is acceptable or agreed upon. In addition...the notion, sound and meaning of the words, 'test the love' seem wrong altogether to me. Anyhow, I could be the lesser few who thinks this way but this is the way I feel...
I rest my case.
Scenario for today's prank
E calls B to tell her that C, her boyfriend has been cheating on her. Using football as an excuse to meet with D, C will get E to tell him the scores and highlights of the match so B won't suspect. E decides to spill the beans to B because he thinks it's not right and also because he is interested in B and wants to date her.
What happened
Well, B did not fall for it and said that she does not believe E. She starts asking questions as to how E got to know C, how E got her number and all. E even offered to give D's phone number to prove his story.
Therefore, the fundamental of the prank, it being a prank and someone has to fall for it didn't exactly work out. B's boyfriend, C came on air and admitted that it was him behind the prank, that the story was bullshit. Well, usually I won't think twice about the prank and proceed to switch the channel if a nice song does not play but the reason he did it was what ticked me off. He said he wanted to 'test' the love she has for him and to see whether she was true to her words that seeing is believing, hearing isn't.
My two cents worth
Gosh, if I were B...I would have felt disappointed and angry at my boyfriend, C. Firstly , for the reason being, that he thought about the joke and secondly for having the nerve in executing it. I mean didn't he weigh the consequences of his actions? Didn't he put B's feelings into consideration? How she would feel, knowing that she was put to test in front of everyone (mind you transmission covers other countries as well) that was tuning in? Perhaps no, because he was so steadfast in proving B wrong...in making a point. Come to think of it, don't know whether it's a good or bad thing it backfired. Guess it's up to them. For it's always about the two people in a relationship and we'll never know what followed after...but the point I wanna make is...do we have to resort to test the one we're with? I am aware in this time and age that not all relationships are made in heaven, most are not a bed of roses but... on national radio??!!
Yes, sometimes we do wanna hear and feel to confirm the love someone holds for us (words and actions = confirmation + affirmation). It makes us feel good, makes our heart skip a bit, makes us float on cloud 9 for a while, allows some happy in-luuuurve hormones to trigger, but there certainly has to be a limit, a boundary as to how far one can go, right? Moreover, what happens between two people should stay between two people unless it is acceptable or agreed upon. In addition...the notion, sound and meaning of the words, 'test the love' seem wrong altogether to me. Anyhow, I could be the lesser few who thinks this way but this is the way I feel...
I rest my case.



3 Comments:
I listened to the same show that morning and I agreed with you that the bf shouldn't do something like that. Humans are flawed, most ppl can't pass these so-called tests.
I had heard a real life story like this, the girl tested her bf by setting up a date for the bf with a girl known from a chat room. Of course, the bf failed the test when he was seduced. Do you dare to test your bf/husband like this? Surely when one is happy with a relationship, chance of betrayal is smaller. But the truth is, alot of ppl are not happy with their relationship.
So in my opinion, if one can't face the consequences, don't ever do that kind of test.
Hey Stanley,
I agree...but the guy sure dared to or rather was ready to face the consequences of his action.
Guess if there was a certain amount of trust, no so called 'test of love' will be needed. Why start an unnecessary fire that might burn to extinguish the love between two pple?
Cheers:)
TAT TOTALLY SUCK!!
Post a Comment
<< Home