Monday, May 02, 2005

Causing a jam...

This weekend was an unforgettable one for all the wrong reasons...

Was so looking forward to some Mambo-ing on Sunday. Had the retro spirit in me the minute I woke up on Sunday, eager to dance the night away... and to officiate the first day of May I had to do it with a Bang!...

Travelling home on the infamous Federal Highway, I had an accident. Car in front of me jam braked. I couldn't stop in time and was sandwiched in between mine and the car in front of him. To make matters worse, the whole entire gang bang so called spoke Mandarin except for yours truly here. What can I say? I'm a typical OCBC (orang Cina bukan Cina). I understood what was being said but in a state of panic and trying to find the proper words to answer and considering my 'excellent' Chinese vocab...I was lost in translation.

Fortunately, I was saved by a 'white knight'. Everyone seemed at home with him due to his apparent useful language skills. Proceeded to lodge a police report, managed to get off less from the fine from 300 to 150 bucks, settled with the tow truck guy (who's pretty cool in a way, not the sleazy liar cheaterbug conman type) and the insurance guy before heading home to get ready for Mambo. Yes, I still had the mood to groove...was not gonna let one accident spoil what I have been looking forward to for a week. No sirree! And Mambo I did...

I am in a current state of being car-less now. You never know what you've got till it's gone...so true...I miss my Metallic Warrior. Sigh...I feel so immobile. Anyway...talk about Capricornian fate...FF was also involved in an accident and on the same day! But hers was a minor one.

Check out her blogspot (http://www.fay0108.blogspot.com/) for more details. Another similarity to add to the record huh babe?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently the white night did nothing much except to be the chauffer for the night.

I'm glad to be of help..

The "so-called" White Knight...

1:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u and FF champion of the night lah!! kekekeke

5:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least she had a white knight savior.

6:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home