Friday, April 29, 2005

How can life be what you want it to be when you're frozen...?

No man is an island...We all need someone...and we're indeed blessed if there's someone always close at hand to share our ups and downs, to catch us when we fall, hold us when we're in the depths of despair, sharing every moment, good or bad, happy or sad. Unfortunately, a majority of us fail to take some time off to share our words from deep inside as we're constantly chasing something, be it deadlines, time, people etc...We end up being in our own worlds spinning our wheels...However, thanks to the wondrous creation of cyberspace, there are blogspots. Lately I have been hit with the blog fever thanks to a dedicated blogger colleague, FayFay who happen to have started this site. Indeed a good avenue to vent out one's thoughts when no one is around to lend a listening ear, a good place to express ourselves. Been leaving my comments which at times are extra long and she suggested that I start one my own but I preferred to share it with her...'Sharing is caring'...Thanks FF :). You're my blogging inspiration.

Tell me if I'm wrong but there will always be a part of ourselves that is exclusive to us and us alone but of course there will be a chosen few who will have the privilege in knowing more about ourselves than others, upclose and personal and in certain cases more about ourselves than we do. There will also always be that one person who you will do anything for with no questions asked, no qualms whatsoever and this one person who is your pillar of strength will ultimately be your Achilles feet, your weakness too. No, this person need not necessarily be the one you will spend the rest of your days with. If fate and destiny does not bind the two of you together, you will love them from aside, let go and set free from yourself, the fact that there is no possibility and never will be a chance for an 'us' between the both of you. Nevertheless, nothing will take away the fact that he/she will forever have a special place in your heart and it is reserved only for him/her.

What's on my confused, used and abused mind now? A series of things. Someone special once told me that there are 5 fundamental key things that affect us in our life - family, friends, career, health and love. Believe it or not, he also pointed out that these key things have a domino effect with one another. I begged to differ but lately I have come to realize that perhaps he was right and still is...Some changes at work have crept up and have left me feeling doubtful about where I am, where I stand in my life right now. All of a sudden, I'm starting to be unsure about certain aspects of my life, particularly issues that dwell with regards to the key things I have brought up. Sure enough, the domino effect is taking place now and the 'It never rains but pours' mentality is consuming me. I don't know how many times I have mentioned or used this word over the week but I am officially, absolutely, most definitely encumbered...

Sometimes we just want to make things seem worse than they are for ourselves... wallowing in self pity is what it is... Maybe I'm just reacting to my pessimistic skeptical nature as a true Capricorn but where do I go from here? I don't wanna go on whining for it does not erase my worries and fears... what I need is a sign. I need a sign to tell me what to do... to put me on the road even if it's a road less traveled. At least I will have a direction; at least I can then take on the wheel and stir, rather than pulling over by the side, stranded, undecided...like a backpacker with nowhere to go...Yeah in a way I'm trying to escape myself from making decisions that affect my life and the way I live, leaving it to say... divine intervention whatsoever or help from the intangible but this spirited side of my persona does have faith in the One above, that things will work out for the best, for everyone's sake and mine...

For now, here lies my restless soul...standing by a dusty polluted roadside somewhere in the middle, constantly looking left and right. Merely, simply looking for a sign that will show me the way to go...I may be climbing on rainbows, hoping for a better tomorrow but here will I remain in this idle state, waiting and wishing...for that ray of light...

Or for some hitchhiker...go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home