Sunday, May 01, 2005

Oops! I did it again...

Today was supposed to be a Shitty Saturday...

Had some time in the morning to spare before work and enjoyed some pampering - my fornightly session of indulging in a manicure and pedicure. Don't ask me why but I was born with freakingly hard nails which are impossible to cut and shape on my own. Therefore, for the longest time I have left it to the devices of the professionals to work their magic on them. Love the after-effect feeling where your nails feel like a million dollars and look prettily perfect.

I've finally found what I was not looking for...a collar chain. Have you ever been in a situation where you know you're looking for something but don't know exactly what it is until you find it? Well, what happened is in the my-luuuurve-for-shopping context. After my pampering session, I realised I still had time to spare and sure enough my ever functioning and dependable shopping radar in me located a boutique. Was looking at what was for sale and in a glass display, I fell in love....with a collar chain. Knew I wanted it the minute I laid my eyes on it. It was love at first sight. Told myself, "Hhmm...this is what I've been wanting...I've found it!" but the other part of me said "No, you weren't, you're just giving yourself an excuse to buy it. You didn't even know you wanted something like this". I succumbed to the shopaholic in me and bought the collar chain. To my delight it came with a tiny suede purple (my all-time favourite colour!) pouch. "It's a sign", I said to myself. I was meant for the chain and it was meant for me and we shall live together, happily ever after...retail therapy once again IS the best therapy...I've fallen in love an infinity of times in the retail sense...and I am still paying for it...but in the gents departments I can safely say I reflect a true Capricornian but is this something to shout about?...hhmmm...

Anyway...Drama Queen alert! Remember in my previous blog I brought up the fact that sometimes we just want to wallow in self pity? Oops! I did it again...FF and I were dreading today. We were originally scheduled to work for the long weekend much to our reluctance but somehow, everything worked out for the better and we needed to report to work only today. Leaving us our remaining long weekend to enjoy, free as two birds in the sky. Sigh, must admit that my endless complaining and whining for the past few days seems so irrelevant now. Was telling KG, "I hope tomorrow never comes" the day before. *Smack! I take it back now...see how reality plays you and hits you in the face? Enough said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home