A Woman's Worth...
In a brief conversation, a man asked a woman he was pursuing the question " What kind of man are you looking for?". She sat quietly for a moment before looking him in the eye and asking "Do you really want to know?" Reluctantly, he said "Yes."
She began to expound… "As a woman in this day and age, I am in a position to ask a man what he can do for me that I can’t do for myself. I pay my own bills. I take care of my household without the help of any man…or woman for that matter. I am in the position to ask, "What can you bring to the table?" The man looked at her. Clearly he thought that she was referring to money. She quickly corrected his thought and stated, "I am not referring to money. I need something more. I need a man who is striving for perfection in every aspect of life." He sat back in his chair, folded his arms, and asked her to explain.
She said "I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection mentally because I need conversation and mental stimulation. I don’t need a simple-minded man. I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection spiritually because I don’t need to be unequally yoked… believers mixed with unbelievers is a recipe for disaster. I need a man who is striving for perfection financially because I don’t need a financial burden. I am looking for someone who is sensitive enough to understand what I go through as a woman, but strong enough to keep me grounded. I am looking for someone who I can respect. In order to be submissive, I must respect him. I cannot be submissive to a man who isn’t taking care of his business. I have no problem being submissive…he just has to be worthy. God made woman to be a help mate for man. I can’t help a man if he can’t help himself."
When she finished her spill, she looked at him .
He sat there with a puzzled look on his face. He said, "You are asking a lot."
She replied, "I’m worth a lot."
******************************************
Found the perfect answer to one of the most fundamental questions us girls will be asked more than once, more than twice, perhaps more than thrice at one point of our lives. Here's to hope...to all the ladies out there that one day you will find that Man of yours and he will tell you, you put the colours inside his world...no matter how much a maze you can be, where all the walls are continually changing...
She began to expound… "As a woman in this day and age, I am in a position to ask a man what he can do for me that I can’t do for myself. I pay my own bills. I take care of my household without the help of any man…or woman for that matter. I am in the position to ask, "What can you bring to the table?" The man looked at her. Clearly he thought that she was referring to money. She quickly corrected his thought and stated, "I am not referring to money. I need something more. I need a man who is striving for perfection in every aspect of life." He sat back in his chair, folded his arms, and asked her to explain.
She said "I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection mentally because I need conversation and mental stimulation. I don’t need a simple-minded man. I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection spiritually because I don’t need to be unequally yoked… believers mixed with unbelievers is a recipe for disaster. I need a man who is striving for perfection financially because I don’t need a financial burden. I am looking for someone who is sensitive enough to understand what I go through as a woman, but strong enough to keep me grounded. I am looking for someone who I can respect. In order to be submissive, I must respect him. I cannot be submissive to a man who isn’t taking care of his business. I have no problem being submissive…he just has to be worthy. God made woman to be a help mate for man. I can’t help a man if he can’t help himself."
When she finished her spill, she looked at him .
He sat there with a puzzled look on his face. He said, "You are asking a lot."
She replied, "I’m worth a lot."
******************************************
Found the perfect answer to one of the most fundamental questions us girls will be asked more than once, more than twice, perhaps more than thrice at one point of our lives. Here's to hope...to all the ladies out there that one day you will find that Man of yours and he will tell you, you put the colours inside his world...no matter how much a maze you can be, where all the walls are continually changing...



16 Comments:
So damn kao right! I think I found the confidence I lost. He is a complete waste of time huh? Thanks babe.
From: you know who I am.
Impressive, I will keep those words in mind, but yet I still will never understand a woman.
I don't think a Man is ever to understand the Woman. All he can do is to appreciate the Woman and to treat her the way the Man wants to be treated by the Woman.
Dear Anonymous,
It has already ended, be proud of yourself that you had the courage to face it when some others don't :) all you need now is not him but strength to go on...here for you if you need a shoulder though mine's quite bony...he he.
Stanley,
Yes, please DO keep those words in mind the next you try and understand a woman. We are not all that difficult to understand, just takes the right person to press the right buttons...:)
KG,
Hhmm...don't think a Man is ever to understand a Woman? But isn't understanding someone, if not entirely then at least the more 'open' part vital in getting to know them better? To see whether two can click and rock each other's world at that.
Like your second thought...appreciation...'One for One':).
Cheers pple!
To Kennyg,
Likewise, I don't think a woman is ever to understand a man! We want a "companion" that can provide us with emotional stability, fulfillment and security. What do guys want? Care to elaborate?
From: you know who I am.
To Anonymous,
KennyG directed me to this site.
http://thehustlerdiaries.blogspot.com/2005/06/what-men-want-from-women.html
Of course we can discriminate and boil all of it down to SEX (that's a sure-want) but of course we are fair creatures, we will listen...so check out the site :)
Guys don't demand a lot... but, yes, sex is one of them... also having a woman who cares, are understanding and reasonable... that is all.
No, she doesn't even have to know how to cook, iron or do laundry. Just as long as not a slob.
We all have different requirements, financial stability is not your top most priority because you are independent enough for your own. Someone who have financial problem will look for someone who can solve their problem, money is a strong weapon indeed.
I think your requirements are applicable to women of your type only.
I wish the game is simpler, it's turning me nuts with all the guessing and speculating. And if fate works the way it should be, there will be lesser suffering.
To Kennyg,
Now we have got the ball rolling.
Thanks for the site, it is sure good to know what men are really after. Did you check out the comments yet? Took a look briefly. Shall I just say there are just different sort of guys out there who are after different things?
I won't say I have all the "criteria" as listed in the blog, but I certainly have some of the qualities. Enjoying sex is sure one of it. Ha. Anyway, back to what I was saying. The qualities I have do not make me the "most wanted" girlfriend. He chose to walk out from the relationship and I fail to understand till today where didn't I do enough to make him feel loved and desired.
Oh, I would like to be known as Mac for the time being =)
Cheers!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mac as in the cosmetic brand Mac? Well, enjoying sex and having a satisfying sexual relationship could be distinctly different... although more often than not, are closely related.
Generally, a guy would want a caring and loving partner... but maybe the difference is in the details. For the guy who walks away, he just didn't appreciated the little things you do to make him feel cared and loved... but I am sure, there is an equally good or even better guy out there who can't have enough of your attention and loving... and well, sex :P So, move on and don't let the burden of the past holds you back. And you shouldn't let the past of another person puts you off as well... as a guy, I would say... love me for who I am, and who I could be with you, for you...
What I meant earlier about not understanding the person was a Man shouldn't try and figure out HOW a Woman thinks and reasons... but a Man should at least try and understand WHY she do the things she does. I think maybe that is ALL a Woman could ask of a Man.
MAC,
dun try to figure out why or how the relationship failed. Forget abt that guy... u deserve more... some greater guys are waiting 4 u ahead...
KG,
Cheers...
To figure out and to understand on the reason why she do the things she does is really important and we, women definately feel appreciate when you guys are being so considerate. But, I personally think that when we fall in love, no matter how close we get, we remain two seperate individuals. Only communication bridges the gap between us. So, why figure it out so hard?? Talk about it; see where we coming from and work things out from there perhaps.
Witholding communication never improves matters. Worse, it never gives your partner a chance to defend herself, to explain why she does what she does or to see your point of view and possibly change.
We often say that we want things to change, but how can we expect that to happen when we rarely reveal what we want.. puzzles many of us.
The Unknown
Miss Unknown,
I've tried to communicate for so many years and yet I still can't solve the problem. Sometimes, we can't really hope the other party will change, one will never change. One thing can change is how much we can tolerate with each other, and we will take it for granted, without knowing that one day it will snap.
I found that even with communication, it still comes back to whether we want to do something after the communication. Knowing is one thing, doing is another thing.
Communication is essential for it tears down barriers. However, I agree with Stanley in 'knowing is one thing, doing is another'. Two people might communicate but the effect/consequence/action that follows through, if there is a reaction, is another.
When you find someone who truly loves you, he/she will accept you for everything that you are...
...for the worst thing is to die from a broken heart...
I choose to remain neutral. While I agree communication is important, indeed very important, but like how Stanley and Perfectly Flawed have explained - it won't work until you act on it.
It takes both parties to see the importance of communication to make things right.
Mac*
Post a Comment
<< Home