What would you do?
Some might be familiar with my asking of scenario questions, one time or another when I feel like it, during coffee sessions or get togethers. Always eager to hear thoughts and opinions of others. Sometimes surprising discoveries and revelations do result from it which can be quite interesting and eye-opening.
For those of you who've had a dose of my Q & A sessions, you will be aware that I've been asking this particular scenario question the past week - only applicable to males though.
"You have just received news that your ex is to be married soon and you know she is the woman you were destined to be with. You were together but somehow due to unforeseen circumstances, both of you went your separate ways and led different lives but now you realise, now you know that if you both were intertwined, to be as one again, this time you'll love much better and this time it will never end."
Question: Would you stop her from walking down the aisle? Or...would you hold your silence?
For those of you who've had a dose of my Q & A sessions, you will be aware that I've been asking this particular scenario question the past week - only applicable to males though.
"You have just received news that your ex is to be married soon and you know she is the woman you were destined to be with. You were together but somehow due to unforeseen circumstances, both of you went your separate ways and led different lives but now you realise, now you know that if you both were intertwined, to be as one again, this time you'll love much better and this time it will never end."
Question: Would you stop her from walking down the aisle? Or...would you hold your silence?



10 Comments:
Tell her, stop her, snatch her, do whatever it's necessary. There's nothing more painful than regret and live miserable for the rest of my life.
If you want what you want, you need to go for it. Nothing will ever happen if you sit there. Wish her the best? No way.
...well if that's the case for you, what a brave thing to do...imagine...you racing to the church to stop the wedding...he he...All for love huh? As they say, 'All's fair in love and war'?
...a man of actions I reckon, you are? As Robbie sings "No regrets...they don't work...no regrets...they only hurt..."
Are you sure you will do it Stanley? I thought you once said to me love is not everything? When love dies, there are other things you need to look into?
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Well the guys I asked said that they won't do anything, that she has found her own happiness without them...that perhaps it was not meant to be.
In a way they are saying...the time has already come and gone...
Perfectly Flawed,
Racing for the church? That happens in a movie or tv series only, in real, that will only embarass all the parties involved. I will rather sit dowan and talk, if it doesn't work, so be it, no point of runing other ppl's life, at least I've done something.
I think most men will take action, men are agressive in nature, unlike most ladies will choose to surrender to fate.
Fay,
You still remember that conversation? I don't see my statements are contradicting.
'You were together but somehow due to unforeseen circumstances, both of you went your separate ways and led different lives...'
I assume those circumstances are overcame when 'you' finds out about his 'realization'. When the previous problems do not exist anymore, thus 'this time you'll love much and this time it will never end'.
FYI for those who are confused,
Stanley's comment was originally posted before Fay's, so if you're asking yourself what's wrong with the flow? There IS something wrong with it...just that Stanley's comment had to be filtered, deleted, edited and published again for security reasons :).
Stanley,
I can't exactly remember the whole conversation, only the line of "love is not everything" left a very deep impression. I actually come to buy that to a certain extend after that.
"When the previous problems do not exist anymore, thus 'this time you'll love much and this time it will never end'."
Does it ever get that simple? I was naively thinking love can conquer it all, totally ignored all other factors. Factors like what if you don't see eye-to-eye anymore, factor like what's left when love dies, what do you have to hold on to .... I would want to love with all my heart again, but I am being haunted by past history. I am scared to be hurt again. Maybe .. being practical won't go wrong.
28-06-2005
Have the date written to remind myself how I feel at this very moment. Only God knows if I will change the way I think completely when my circumstances change.
Fay,
You might find it difficult to love wholeheartedly again. This due to past experiences which have bruised you but one day you'll meet THAT someone, who will make you realise what you really want and need is not what you have wished for in the first place.
Fay,
There're always problems in a relationship, given that you are still in love with the other party, then you might care to overcome those problems. Problems can never be really overcame by 'solved', they can be tolerated or simply ignored, but they are still there.
Or worse(better?) case, the person simply doesn't love you anymore. That's y he/she chooses to walk away. Maybe that's a better reason. At least the situation as described in this post won't ever happen.
Is there really 'someone' who can change your thoughts? There's no one out there unless you are reaching out with your own hands.
Post a Comment
<< Home