The Death of Me

Had an early lunch today. Time clock - 11.30am - A filling beef lasagna at a dainty little cosy café 5 steps away from my office’s main entrance. It’s lunch time now for many and my thoughts are roaming free and easy…
They slot around like a jackpot machine and come to a halt at Death.
Sometimes when I think about death knocking on my door, I feel that perhaps a few would be better off without me. A couple of days and they’ll move on, a couple of months and they’ll forget me, a couple of years and I’ll just be a memory.
I’m sure there will be grief especially from my loved ones. There will definitely be mourning and a sense of loss where I'll be missed dearly. Call it self esteem but I know I'm loved much by my family and those who have me close to their heart. But for others, I guess I would merely be pronounced once alive and well, now dead and gone.
I have not decided on whether I want to be buried or cremated but let’s assume I want to be six feet underground. Hhmm, what would my tombstone say? What will be the words to make up a sentence that will be the gist of my existence?
.................................................................................
As my fingers wait to perform their typing function, they wait in vain for I have not a clue as my mind’s clogged now.
*Shift of focus*
Yesterday…a close friend told me that she’s been getting hungry because of the haze. My appetite has been good because I’ve been freezing my ass off in my freezer of an office which contributes to the burning of more calories but where’s the rationale in hers?
Yesterday...a close someone told me that I am the root of frustration and despair. I was affected by it. Hot and cold we blow, north and south we go, hoping to find console…in the very thing that lights our soul.
Yesterday…a close family member told me to wear a mask to work. I refused to for vanity’s sake. But I reckon it would be disciplinary if the haze worsens. Will pay for cool customized ones and make a fashion statement. Will settle for the Hello Kitty or Darth Vader lookalike ones.
*Shifting back to Death row for something came up during my close encounters*
My tombstone can say…
-Here lies the Perfectly Flawed…in Life and Love she found her flaws…in death and spirit she wails no more…-
??? Is that nonsensical, or what ???
Any ideas? Maybe I can state it down in my will.



6 Comments:
Dai gatt lai see. As the chinese saying goes, "Spit and say again please."
Sometimes the person you love is taken from you, by distance, another person or even death. Understand that whoever was with you will always be with you. Because even if you are physically being taken away, I am sure you will be one of those people who leave your love behind. And we will savor and hold on to your love instead.
It is indeed sounds really sad if you were to put that on your tombstone. But, the more I read it, the more I started to like it. So, keep that with you.
Stanley,
No need to Dai gatt lai see. We need not ponder death with fear, though what's ahead we cannot see. I only trust in God, my all in all for He will bring me through, whate'er befall.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stanley,
3 things that we can be sure of in life - Change, Taxes & Death. It's inevitable so no point 'dai gatt lai see-ing' over it. From the moment we took our first breath, we were destined to take our last one someday so...
Cheyanne,
Thanks for the 'love' thought :). It's comforting. I'm sure everyone wants to be remembered fondly when their time comes. Shall keep those words for now on my tombstone. Perhaps it might be the 4th thing that I can be sure of...in my life that is!
Everyone fades away. Everyone leaves us eventually. But it's how much we seize of them before they go that give us goodness.
Your time is not up yet, of course it's worth dai gatt lai see-ing. Our instinct tells us to live as long as we can, I know it's inevitable, but you won't want it to be ealier than it's necessary right?
Post a Comment
<< Home