Sunday, August 07, 2005

Do I look good in this, Honey?


Mega Shopping Carnival is on again! Shop, shop, shop and away!

Today was a super shopping Sunday (10am-5.30pm) for me and I noticed many boyfriends/husbands/potential male partners shopping with their girlfriends/wives/potential female partners. Whether or not its purely voluntary or strictly shopping 'detention', more often than not, they become the designated handbags/paperbags carriers. In instances, they become the pay masters and shall I say the wardrobe stylists too.

Sometimes we women folk can't decide and if our girlfriends are not around to help us we resort to our friendly neighbourhood guy for their opinions. I reckon two things go through their heads the very second the question is asked. Should I tell the truth? Or should I lie through my teeth as long as she's happy? It's as though the answer will determine if he will be stripped and sacrificed at the altar.

Scenario: Girl does not look that good in a top

If he chooses to be upfront and responds negatively he might get, "What do you know about clothes?! I'm still gonna buy it..." or "I don care what you think, I don't dress for you!".

If he replies positively he might hear, "Are you sure? Very SURE? Don't lie! Let me try it in the other 3 colours instead!" (much to his dismay) or "You're not saying this so we can leave, are you? I know you're hungry!".

Verdict: Well, buckle up guys because sometimes, there's just no winning with us ladies :). Verbal abuse is bound to be thrown either way....well not all the time...sometimes...! You'll understand if you produce progesterone. We just get a 'little' sensitive.

Solution: Guys, no matter what always practice genuine honesty. After all, it is the best policy. Girls, be ever ready to accept his views eventhough it it not what you want to hear. If you feel comfortable and think you look good, just go ahead and buy it. After all isn't that what's important? If he's opinion means so much to you then there will be no bickering against it, right?
Quite a comical situation if you're an observer watching from a comfortable distance. I confess, I'm no angel and I've had my fair share of being a shopping Cruella De Vil but I have learned to digest criticisms and except not all but some of the opinions expressed by my male counterparts.

Anyway, this one's for both sexes. What are your likes and dislikes when it comes to fashion for the opposite sex? What does a girl have to put on to get your testosterone raging? What is the perfect jaw dropping wardrobe for a guy?..OR what's best avoided at all costs? What is the total fashion error?

For me, the eye catching-look twice-turns up the heat outfit has always been the classic black shirt with dark blue faded jeans. Pop by any Zara store, check out the wall size poster of the male model and you will see what I mean. I wouldn't eat someone who looks that good in the ensemble. Another 'action' of some sort will be much more appropriate :).

*Shop-O-Meter
- 2 casual tops, 2 working tops, 1 working skirt, 1 bag, 1 dress and 1 shoe

If you're thinking how much was the damage done? Don't ask. I'm in denial! I don't wanna know myself! Almost bought another bag but I was swept by an air of practicality which I reckon did me some good. There's always a limit to everything...even in shopping. Yup. Yup. Yup. That's right. Control is the word. The key word. Self control.

All in all, a happy ending to the end of the week. Tomorrow's Monday again, naturally. Sigh...it's not work I dread...it's the journey to work. Hope I get into the waking- up- early rhythm soon. Falling asleep while driving is definitely NOT an option. It's time for bed....

ZZzzzZZzzzZZzz...Goodbye week 31st, hello week 32nd 2005.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

its a good thing u are earning that MUCH of money!! :P

6:15 pm  
Blogger Perfectly Flawed® said...

Thanks WW for hinting to everyone I earn THAT much. Some people earn more than I do okayyyy..:P

6:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ladies have it good that there are many types of clothes that can look good on them, as compared to a few for the guys. It all depends on the person's character, something that looked good on one person might be different from another.

But as I was visualizing the different clothes that I think will look good on a girl, this "outfit" came into mind... a girl, wearing her partner's white shirt and nothing else... holding a cup of coffee in the morning... hmmmm...

11:21 pm  
Blogger Perfectly Flawed® said...

Hhmm...yeah...thought of Ms Angeline Jolie in Tomb Raiders. I think that's where she had the exact outfit on. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's a simple but oh so effective turn-on I would say...

Very much like you :).

9:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home