Tuesday, August 14, 2007

3 Men & Shoes

"Must try not to work late this month. Have to go home early. Ghost month".
Other than the fact that the male folk in my department are non-football fans, they are also sensitive to the Chinese Ghost Festival and the fright factor attached to it.
Over lunch yesterday, we were talking about how at my age most of everyone is either married or planning to and/or own a property already or about to purchase. Told them I am way down the hitch list and that my only assets are my shoes and bags.
They are also 'giving' men if I may say.
"Before you get married make sure your future husband buys a house for you and it is under your name".
Said Baldy. Mr. Delilah and Squint, both married agreed in unison. For obvious reasons, I was surprised.
"And make sure the house is big enough for many shoe cabinets".
This I knew why. Because I have three at home, two in the house and one outside, and I'm running out of space to fill new additions. I don't have a lot of shoes actually. Am sure many women will understand when I say there are days when I find myself with nothing to slip my feet into. Really. I know of others who own more shoes than I do. Seriously. The rows just fill up. Currently I've resorted to using the in-out arrangement to fit more shoes into a a row of shelf. No more buying shoes! For the month :)
Note to self, must marry a man who thinks like the 3 Stooges in terms of property ownership and shoe storage. *chuckle*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home