Friday, August 10, 2007

Do you know where you were made?

Football season starts tomorrow! Dad and I had breakfast today and the first thing we pulled out from the papers and checked out, me from The Sun and him from The Star?... the 07/08 Match Schedule. No more Henry for The Gunners. Sniff. I pinned the match schedule on the department notice board and found out that none of the four male folk in my department likes much less watches football. Sad.
Wore jeans and flats to work as I'm travelling again today. We have a 'No Casual' Friday so I'm lovin' it. Destination - The Land Below the Wind. Have not been there for years. Can't even recall the last time I was there. Reckon it was before I graduated. "No wonder you look like this!" exclaimed my colleague when I told him my Mom's Sabahan and that was the reason why I was assigned to conduct rebranding training there by my bosstress aside from being her dancing monkey. She thought I should balik kampung, although it's more of my Mom's kampung. "What's that supposed to mean?!" I replied with a sneer as this was not the first time I've received this comment. "Nolar, don't be offended. You don't look Chinese mar. Your Mom Kadazan right?".
My Mom's pure Chinese by the way and apparently I was 'made' there. And this I really don't need to know fact was revealed when she and Dad were talking about their good ole' days in KK while on our way to church during one of those Sundays I decided to be a good Christian. Story in short - Boy and Girl meet in London while studying, Boy and Girl tie the knot in KL, Man and Wife work in KK for a while, Man and Wife settle down in KL. Mom was giggling when she spilled the beans. Her exact words - "Girl, you were made in KK". Too much information. TOO much. I am scarred forever from the mental image of my parents that my mind conjured.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home