Great Expectations
I think somewhere along this life, I missed the train not once but several times and I’m left waiting at the station for the next one to arrive.
I think somehow the gate is wide open but I’m standing still at the door while everyone is pushing their way pass me.
Even if a train comes, I don’t know if I’ll board it. Even if everyone is already at the door of the next gate, I don’t know if I’ll make my way towards this one.
A fortune teller who analysed my face told me that the high bridge on my nose symbolises the high expectations I have when it comes to myself and of others. So there I have it, my high expectations explained. I was born with it. No escaping. Only I myself can rain on my own parade. He and another also said that my life will improve with age in all aspects. It can only get better according to them. The older, the better and apparently I will be the happiest when I'm 55. Sigh. Yes, 55. When I'm half a century old and a little more which leaves me with almost 3 decades of waiting to do. They both said a few more alike things which surprised but didn't surprise me as it was not the first time I've heard it. Furthermore, some were even alike in detail like fact '55' mentioned. Are prophecies true if two or more fortune tellers tell you similarly?
Perhaps in the case of a complicated mind, once a late bloomer, always a late bloomer and things will tend to take their time. Slowly but surely. I hope.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home