Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fear & Horror

After watching Stephen King's 'IT', I discovered a fear of clowns and told myself no child of mine will have one to be entertained for his birthday. Looking at the photo, I remember vividly, certain scenes from the movie and how I felt watching it, all over again.
I hate clowns. Die clown, die.

This awesome photo is titled 'Lady Bathroy'. The photographer's blog tells visitors that Lady Elizabeth Bathory was an actual person. She was a Hungarian countess in the 16th century and one of the most prolific serial killers in history. Apocryphally, she bathed in the blood of virgins to retain her youth and beauty.

From Wikipedia
The case has led to legendary accounts of the Countess bathing in the blood of virgins in order to retain her youth and subsequently also to comparisons with Vlad III the Impaler of Wallachia, on whom the fictional Count Dracula is partly based, and to modern nicknames of the Blood Countess and Countess Dracula.
Tales about dracula, vampires, werevolves etc tends to spark my interest. It's fascinating... what you read, when you start looking. I watched Twilight for the second time last weekend since the hype is on for the next installment, New Moon. Verdict: Edward Cullen can suck the living daylights out of me. Yeah, I've chosen my side. Team Edward, it is. But when it comes to the Underworld series and Van Helsing, it's all about the werevolves... Scott Speedman and Hugh Jackman.
I digressed. Here's 'Candy' and 'Basement'.

For more beautiful fear and horror photos, check out Joshua Hoffine and his website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home