This is not a Love story. This is a story about Love.
My fondness for this song was reignited over the weekend, during the trailer for 'Love Happens' that was shown before our movie started. Bi looked at me and said, "John Rzeznik." :)
'500 Days of Summer' was what we watched. No spoilers. Do not want to reveal the movie before anyone has had a chance to catch it but the tagline should be an enough indication on its gist. It was a good watch and we enjoyed it. Although we thought it was a little slow running in the middle to our liking.
And you ask me what I want this year
And I try to make this kind and clear
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
And desire and love and empty things
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
So take these words
And sing out loud
Cuz everyone is forgiven now
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again
And it's someplace simple where we could live
And something only you can give
And that's faith and trust and peace while we're alive
And the one poor child that saved this world
And there's 10 million more who probably could
If we all just stopped and said a prayer for them
So take these words
And sing out loud
Cuz everyone is forgiven now
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again
I wish everyone was loved tonight
And somehow stop this endless fight
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
So take these words
And sing out loud
Cuz everyone is forgiven now
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again
Since vanquishing the demons of 2008, I've had better days from the start of this year. I am thankful for my everydays that have come and gone. Good or bad, happy or sad... 2009 has been quite a fulfilling year for me. A year of new beginnings I'd say.
The last time I've had a life altering year was in 2003. Six years down the road, many things have changed. However, some things have stood the test of time. I'm blessed.
The word 'more' may have a greedy connotation to it but here's to more... more better days ahead... more mini happies... more living of life. And more peace on earth... for all mankind.
'500 Days of Summer' was what we watched. No spoilers. Do not want to reveal the movie before anyone has had a chance to catch it but the tagline should be an enough indication on its gist. It was a good watch and we enjoyed it. Although we thought it was a little slow running in the middle to our liking.
And you ask me what I want this year
And I try to make this kind and clear
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
And desire and love and empty things
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
So take these words
And sing out loud
Cuz everyone is forgiven now
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again
And it's someplace simple where we could live
And something only you can give
And that's faith and trust and peace while we're alive
And the one poor child that saved this world
And there's 10 million more who probably could
If we all just stopped and said a prayer for them
So take these words
And sing out loud
Cuz everyone is forgiven now
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again
I wish everyone was loved tonight
And somehow stop this endless fight
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
So take these words
And sing out loud
Cuz everyone is forgiven now
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again
Since vanquishing the demons of 2008, I've had better days from the start of this year. I am thankful for my everydays that have come and gone. Good or bad, happy or sad... 2009 has been quite a fulfilling year for me. A year of new beginnings I'd say.
The last time I've had a life altering year was in 2003. Six years down the road, many things have changed. However, some things have stood the test of time. I'm blessed.
The word 'more' may have a greedy connotation to it but here's to more... more better days ahead... more mini happies... more living of life. And more peace on earth... for all mankind.
God willing.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home