Ear-risistible!
Had my virgin lunch visit at Sugimoto in Hartamas (Good Jap food...I recommend!) and on the way to the car park after, a bunting with the words 'Ear Candling' caught my eye. Asked KG what was it about but he had no idea. Curious...I yahoo-ed it and below are my findings. Tagline used was somewhat unusually normal - 'Simply EARrisistible!'.
A Brief History of Ear Candling by Cheryl Ashby, C.C.T.
Ear Candling is not a new alternative therapy. Dating back to the year 2500 B.C. there is evidence showing that people used and were familiar with the practice of ear candling. Ancient cultures, including the Egyptians, made reference to its use. Parchment scrolls discovered in the Orient, also have described the procedure for ear candling.
Ear Candling is not a new alternative therapy. Dating back to the year 2500 B.C. there is evidence showing that people used and were familiar with the practice of ear candling. Ancient cultures, including the Egyptians, made reference to its use. Parchment scrolls discovered in the Orient, also have described the procedure for ear candling.
Through a process called "convection". . . softer waxes and toxins will be drawn out of the ear, oxidized and turned into vapors during the procedure. This simple and time-proven therapy can be very effective in removing old and troublesome blockages from the ear canal, without the use of solutions or probes. Many people are rediscovering the value of Ear Candling to cleanse the ear canal and sinus passages. Ear Candling is a good example of how an almost forgotten simple and natural therapy, is now being used effectively to solve many problems associated with the ear.
Skeptic.com
Ear candling or coning is a method of cleaning the ears and the mind, which allegedly alleviates a host of physical, emotional and spiritual ailments. A hollow candle is stuck into the ear and lit, allegedly sucking out earwax and negative energy. The process is ineffective for earwax removal. I don't know how anyone knows whether it sucks out energy, positive or negative.
What wax appears in the cone is from the melted candle, not from the ears. The suction created by the coning flame is insufficient to remove wax, which, by the way, is good for you. It traps dust and dirt and helps fight infections. Though some people fear that coning will leave them mindless, the only real dangers are from burning, infection, obstruction of the ear canal and perforation of the eardrum.
I took out my tonsils when I was 12 as my sinus problem got so bad until I was at risk of going deaf. But hell, no way am I gonna let anyone insert a candle in my ear.
And there you have it.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home