Thursday, September 29, 2005

Fathers in 2005


Excerpt of a conversation I had with J when I was over at her office using her PC and MSN-ing.

Me: Hhmm...my dad's away. Must be out for lunch still.
J: Your dad's on MSN too??? Mine also!!!
Me: Cool huh?! But sure felt weird at the beginning when he started. Like he's around all the time. Ha! Used to type darn slow. One finger per letter...now knows how to use emoticons and initiate audio convo somemore.
J: *lol* Mine sends me files too! What do you talk to him about?
Me: Well, sometimes he asks me whether I'm coming home for dinner.
J: Mine too! *lol*
Me: *lol*
Seems to me like our dads are getting younger at heart. It's true I tell you. My dad has a more advanced mobile and lappie than myself! He downloads songs to his mobile and burns DVDs from his lappie. What's more he has the latest Casio digicam! His 'toys' my mom says.

Hhmm, which makes me wonder who is the UPdated and OUTdated one in real fact. *squeamish* I'm now pressured by my own self to keep up with him.

Anyhow, cheers to all the cool dads today! :) For mine, you rock daddy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you about my dad before right? Gosh, I feel like we're kids who're comparing whose dad is cooler.
Here's a list of my dad's coolness:
- He owns 3 blogs.
- He subscribed 3-4 wi-fi accounts.
- He subscribed for the stremayx account of my home.
- He purchased the equupment and get someone to set up the whole wi-fi network at my home.
- He has a 012 line but subscribe for another 016 line just for the EDGE service.
- He owns 1 laptop and just sold off the previous one.
- He has 1 Palm, 1 Nokia 9500 and 1 Sony PDA now, he owned and sold off more than 10 PDA's throughout the years.
- He has 2 handphones now, I lost count of how many he previously owned.
- He has a 5.1 megapixels digital camera and just sold off the previous sony cybershot.
- He knows where to find and download cracked mobile software.
- He doesn't have any IM account because he can't find anybody to chat with him, maybe we can introduce our dad's to each other?

That's all I can think of right now. My dad told me how he wished he can be younger to enjoy all these gadgets.
I'm so proud of him.

7:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i say that i've received an email from my dad before? he he

10:26 pm  
Blogger Perfectly Flawed® said...

Stan,
The dads seem to be getting techno gadget frenzy yeah?! Mine has a 5.1 megapixels cam too whereas my own one is only 4 megapixels ok. :(

Gosh, imagine all dads linked to one another. Bitching about their 'toys' and perhaps us. Ha ha.

KG,
What sorta e-mail? Forwarded? Something he typed himself?

9:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home