Friday, September 16, 2005

Interesting Friday Stories

My hyper syndrome has kicked off again. Every weekend or so when I hope to sleep late and cherish my bed at least till noon, I will experience a round of hyperness. The next few days, well the whole weekend actually will see me being absolutely wide awake. Once Friday hits, it's as though a gush of energy will envelope me, turning me into Hyper Woman. Think She-Ra when she draws out her sword minus the costume changes and the enhanced boobs and minimal waist line. Come Monday, I'm back to my weakling self, all withered and exhausted. Needing much sleep.
At 5.00 am this morning, I assumed my superheroin side. Yes, crazy biatch me huh? I am aware that a high majority of you were definitely still biting your pillows or salivating over dreams. As for yours truly here, I hopped right out of bed and hit the showers. Left home by 7 and on my way to work, I heard 3 rather entertaining stories over the radio.
Story 1
In Nepal, woman are confined to a cow shed during their menstrual cycle. However, feminist groups are currently campaigning to abolish this tradition.
Imagine...how one's out of office message would read.
_I shall be out of the office for the next 3 days. Will be on CSL (Cow Shed Leave). I will attend to you once my uterus has decided it has bled enough. For any urgent matters, kindly contact the office for the CS has yet to provide any mobile coverage or WiFi. Any inconvenience caused is regretted but who's experiencing inconvenience NOW, anyway? ME or you? So there you have it. Thank you and have a nice day :) _
Story 2
Sandra Bullock has a new addition to her family. A 3 legged dog.
Kudos to Sandra for adopting the doggy! Do you know it is said that she is much more beautiful than she appears to be on screen? The screen does not do her beauty justice according to those who have had the chance in meeting her face to face.
Story 3
A woman hired someone to murder her boyfriend's 'girlfriend' who is pregnant with his child. The so-called hired assassin did not complete the job and what does she do? She files a complaint at the police station.
I was dumbfounded when I heard this one. Gosh Woman! What was going through your head!!!
There's a simple connection between these 3 stories. They all involve women. Story 1 - Women Abuse, story 2- Women Power and for story 3 - sigh, I can't figure out a suitable one other than pure Women Stupidity. Let me know if anyone can come up with something better.
Needless to say there are many types of women just like there are various kinds of men out there. We colour the males who come our way whether vividly with bright colours or splat the dark tones away on their canvas and vice versa with men who influence and affect us females one way or another, either with a deep impact or mildly like a flying kiss.
Gonna end this posting with some quotes from women and words that have been said of women.
When women are depressed, they eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking.
- Elayne Boosler
There are easier things to life than finding a nice guy, like nailing jelly to a tree for example.
- Anonymous
The woman who appeals to a man's vanity may stimulate him, the woman who appeals to his heart may attract him, but it is the woman who appeals to his imagination who gets him.
- Helen Rowland
A woman is a miracle of divine contradictions.
- Jules Michelet
Why haven't women got labels on their foreheads saying, "Danger: Government Health Warning: Women can be dangerous to your brains, genitals, current account, confidence, razor blades and good standing among your friends.
- Unknown
Women wish to be loved without a why or a wherefore; not because they are pretty, or good, or well-bred, or graceful, or intelligent but because they are themselves.
- Henri Frederic Amiel
Women are like the stars. Only one can make your dreams come true!
- Anonymous
There are no ugly women. Only lazy ones.
- Helena Rubinstein
Being a woman is a difficult task since it consists principally of dealing with men.
- Joseph Conrad
She has the loaded handbag of someone who camps out and seldom goes home, or who imagines life must be full of emergencies.
- Mavis Gallant
God made woman beautiful and foolish; beautiful that man might lover her; and foolish that she might love him.
- Anonymous
How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being?
- Oscar Wilde
Last but not least my favourite...
I am my Own Woman.
- Evita Peron
Here's to a good weekend ahead, ladies and gentlemen. Women, be merry and enjoy your Men. Men, be good to and love your women :).
What's my plan tonight? Seeing both sexes STOMP around and sweat away for a few hours.
The Hyper Woman in Me

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are no ugly women. Only lazy ones.

Not true! Have seen more ugly women, than lazy's!

11:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently read I haven’t been feeling myself lately and your posting on women made me further reflect. I read an article and I think I managed to self diagnose myself against symptoms.. I think I have stage 2 depression….

Some Symptoms of Depression
Feeling sad or hopeless for an extended period of time. - YES
Feeling little interest or pleasure in doing things that once were pleasurable. - YES
Significant weight loss or gain.
Disturbance in sleep pattern. - YES
Noticeable agitation or slowness. - YES
Fatigue or loss of energy. - YES
Inappropriate feelings of worthlessness or guilt.
Diminished ability to concentrate or make decisions. - YES
Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide

Sigh, being a man is just as or even more challenging than being a woman. Check out the stats….

Some Facts About Depression
Depressive disorders affect about 19 million adult Americans in a given year.
Four times as many men as women die by suicide in the United States, and research indicates that suicide is often associated with depression.
Instead of asking for help, men may turn to alcohol or drugs, become irritable, frustrated or abusive when they are depressed.

11:28 am  
Blogger Perfectly Flawed® said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:16 am  
Blogger Perfectly Flawed® said...

Man or Woman...
It depends on the individual and how they take things that come their way...

We all medicate ourselves in different dosages...how much we choose to drug ourselves with depression when it strikes us defers from one to another.

I see 2 ways in managing it.

1. High dosage
Letting depression take over us until we reach the point of numbness, where we don't know what we're down and out about anymore. Where we ultimately tell ourselves to stop inducing, hurting ourselves.

2. Mild dosage
Take it lightly, ignoring its presence and replacing it with another form of happiness (like vitamins), and hoping it will be just as effective and fulfilling.

10:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home