Already Gone
Heard this song on VH1's Diva and thought the melody resembled that of Beyonce's 'Halo'. *growl* Yeah, I'm still bitter but I'll get over it. Coincidentally, both songs were produced by Ryan Tedder, of OneRepublic fame.
I like that the song was written from a different perspective than most love songs. Not the usual heartbroken, lovelorn ballad. Or that of resentment and anger from being jilted. And not about love at its best, of walking on air and feeling on top of the world. It is about letting go... even if it means having to be the bad person.
From Wikipedia The song's narrative depicts Clarkson telling her lover that although he has done nothing wrong in their relationship, it was never meant to be and is destined for failure. She tells her partner that he could not have been any better, and therefore, to avoid hurting him in the future, he should move on, as she is already gone.
PS Babe, this song is for you.
Remember all the things we wanted
Now all our memories they're haunted
We were always meant to say goodbye
Even with our fists held high
It never would've worked out right
We were never meant for do or die
I didn't want us to burn out
I didn't come here to hold you, now I can't stop
I want you to know that it doesn't matter
Where we take this road someone's gotta go
And I want you to know you couldn't have loved me better
But I want you to move on so I'm already gone
Looking at you makes it harder
But I know that you'll find another
That doesn't always make you want to cry
Started with a perfect kiss then we could feel the poison set in
Perfect couldn't keep this love alive
You know that I love you so,
I love you enough to let you go
I want you to know that it doesn't matter
Where we take this road someone's gotta go
And I want you to know you couldn't have loved me better
But I want you to move on so I'm already gone
I'm already gone, already gone
You can't make it feel right when you know that it's wrong
I'm already gone, already gone
There's no moving on so I'm already gone
Remember all the things we wanted
Now all our memories they're haunted
We were always meant to say goodbye
I want you to know that it doesn't matter
Where we take this road someone's gotta go
And I want you to know you couldn't have loved me better
But I want you to move on so I'm already gone
I'm already gone, already gone
You can't make it feel right when you know that it's wrong
I'm already gone, already gone
There's no moving on so I'm already gone
What happens in a relationship, come what may, is between the two people involved. And it's a shame if others are allowed or take it into their account to judge and/or navigate the compass. Matters of the heart always matter eventhough we deny it or try our best to avoid it. We hope it gets easier as we progress with age, we think it'll be more manageable but that's not the case for everyone. Even when we're sure, something might just happen to jolt us in our comfort zone and surprise us. This is Life and Love, each with its own ironic tendencies.
What do you do when things don't work out? Whether or not it was your decision to say goodbye, we should leave the broken pieces on the floor, gather enough strength and composure, and look towards the horizon for better days ahead. We breathe and when we're ready, we attempt baby steps and try to seize mini happies.
Some memories haunt... if you bestow the priviledge to these fragments of your mind or if they somehow find their way in, automatically. Either we successfully banish these memories into our subconscious or we accept these memories as part of ourselves and live with it. It's not easy when you're 28, it doesn't get easier when you're 48. Somehow we just have to compile ourselves together and move on. As hard as it may be. After all, nobody can help ourselves to begin with but us alone.
I know you'll move on...



1 Comments:
Thanks, Babe ..xoxo..
Post a Comment
<< Home