Saturday, April 01, 2006

April Fool's Thoughts

Someone once told me, "Give 90% but keep 10% for yourself as insurance".
I have been dumped before and I have walked away. Both did not leave me feeling like Tom Cruise when he did his couch antic in Oprah, for in each of my relationships, I gave my all. I gave my heart. 100%. For that's what falling in love's about. You plunge into its euphoria, consuming the energy that fuels your passionate feelings for another being...where you feel like you're holding heaven in your hands...
I've felt this way everytime and when it didn't work out like I thought it would, I mourned, I griefed, I consumed myself in darkness until I saw the light at the end of the tunnel.
This got me thinking...
Just how many of us are in good terms with our exes, still keep in touch with them, and even occasionally meeting up?
Well, I have to pass on this. Negative for all my records of relationships. Hhmm...is it me or it is them? Reckon it's me since I am the consistent factor here. Somehow when goodbye inevitably arrives, we naturally start drifting apart for the obvious reasons why. All communication reduces and comes to a halt if not sooner then later. Maybe it's because of my idealist nature. Sometimes it's difficult and at times it just hurts for me to take a step down to the level of friendship regardless of who was the initiator. But then again, it might be different if it was a mutual consensual breakup and again, I have to pass on this too.
So...
No, I don't know how it feels like to be friends with an ex.
Maybe it's better this way. For me and for them...
*****************************
On a lighter scale of things, yesterday I experienced my first ever raid in all my 16 years of clubbing! Ha ha. And at Bar Flam of all places! A bar! Thought it was absolutely ridiculous and stupendous. What did they think they would find?! Go pick on other places like KUOZ or LENNAHC where I'm sure a treasure trove of happy pills, puff the magic dragons etc awaits. What party poopers! Boo to those lame men who think they look cool in their pathetic sporty cheapo Cheetah jackets.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me... me... me...

I am one of those who can get along very well with ALL my exes.
And most them are my very good friends now.

Ironic but I think I have no problem with that.

Cheers!

10:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... this one got me thinking.

The current ex - Bad breakup therefore no chance in hell will I be talking to him anymore :D

By friends, do you mean, call chit-chat, have dinners sometimes that sort of thing? If yes, none on my side.

Only have 2 exes whom we texted each other if we happened to bump into one another with one of us walks off unnoticed.

I believe I could be still remain friends with them. It's just that I never really bothered I guess. Depends too, like say you were good friends before the both of you hooked up. So when the breakup ain't that bad, I guess it's almost natural to still remain as friends, or have someone you can confide in.

In my cases, we weren't really good friends before. So, yeah, no good reason to keep in touch.

Having said that, however, I feel if he/she is worth the friendship, never give it up. Having a friend is always better than having a foe right? ;)

11:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't think that I can do that, something is lost, and something cannot be recovered ever. Whenever I look at that person or think of that person, there's something tugging back in the head.

9:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home