Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Post Mortem

You don’t always get what you want, you get what you need.

I have more or less moved on and the life I’m having now, plus-minus is the life I used to miss. Of course there can always be improvements, enhancements but I guess as persistent a creature I am, some things do take time and I have to pay my dues and be patient. For all that is fated to be mine, shall be mine when the time comes, right? And if I do not obtain my heart’s desires and fulfill my dreams then perhaps this is as good as it gets, what the One above thinks I deserve.

Everything has its season, everything happens for a reason.

I taste freedom now. Emancipated, but somehow a part of me stubbornly refuses to acknowledge this new lease, lost in the realms of the past. Maybe the only way to grasp full release is to go cold turkey. Numb myself. Equip my heart with a steel armour against the yesterdays and going forth, not back and forth. Be bold and be strong, banish my fears and doubts. Rejoice and cherish things that are real, that are in front of me.

We make the decisions; our lives are ours to lead in the end. The world is as accepting as you want it to be.

Yes, but somehow somewhere in there someone forgot to mention that there will always be key elements to put into consideration which will influence your choice unless one chooses to ignore it at all costs whatsoever.

You told me once that I had the spirit to do just that. You saw in me the strength and courage to hold on to what I truly believed in, through the fire, to hell and back…I thought I did too but I disappointed not only you but myself in the process.

Whatever we choose, we live with the resulting consequences. Weep alone or the world weeps because of you. Make the sacrifice or love thyself and be selfish.

They say sometimes you’ve got to turn your head and walk to the door.
They say time will make the pain and misery go away.
They say passerà…it will pass..........but they’re not in your shoes.
Passerà…it will pass................I pray it will.

So many people in the world to love, why do we worry about one?

********************************
.:For MP:.
You’ve been with me…
All the way, through good or bad, happy or sad
Out of the blue you came into my life
Revived me and made my soul glad
You brought back the happy in my ness
You put the good times into my fun
Our special us place is where everything is under the sun
You amaze me at times with your perpetual presence in my life
Thank you for your love, your enduring patience and for all your strife…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home