Bizarre Love
A British woman became the bride of an Israeli bottlenose dolphin last week.
Sharon Tendler, a 41-year-old concert promoter, entered into holy matrimony with Cindy, a 35-year-old dolphin at Eilat, an Israeli resort. The Dec. 29 ceremony was broadcast on Israeli television. The ceremony, which involved a lot of squeaking and tossed mackerels, ended when Tendler jumped into the water to join her new husband.
Tendler, who’s made millions peddling rock concerts in her homeland, told the press she fell in love with the dolphin 15 years ago, on her first trip to the resort.
*****
Is this bizarre of what?! Anything can happen in this world I'd say. ANYTHING. This is just BIZARRE.
I mean, I luuuurve dolphins. But my love is pet based. If I could keep one, I would. Such intelligent, beautiful and lovable creatures of the sea. Once saw a purple silverish one in Australia and it was breathtaking. But to actually fall in love and to marry one?! How is that possible? I, in all my love philosophy and bullshit think it's absurd. She must be crazy in love or just plain nuts. One thing for sure, she'll make a good psychological specimen.
Sharon Tendler, a 41-year-old concert promoter, entered into holy matrimony with Cindy, a 35-year-old dolphin at Eilat, an Israeli resort. The Dec. 29 ceremony was broadcast on Israeli television. The ceremony, which involved a lot of squeaking and tossed mackerels, ended when Tendler jumped into the water to join her new husband.
Tendler, who’s made millions peddling rock concerts in her homeland, told the press she fell in love with the dolphin 15 years ago, on her first trip to the resort.
*****
Is this bizarre of what?! Anything can happen in this world I'd say. ANYTHING. This is just BIZARRE.
I mean, I luuuurve dolphins. But my love is pet based. If I could keep one, I would. Such intelligent, beautiful and lovable creatures of the sea. Once saw a purple silverish one in Australia and it was breathtaking. But to actually fall in love and to marry one?! How is that possible? I, in all my love philosophy and bullshit think it's absurd. She must be crazy in love or just plain nuts. One thing for sure, she'll make a good psychological specimen.
Come to think of it, Mr. and Mrs. Cindy reminds me of King Kong and his beloved Ann Darrow. Similarities? All mammals. Aren't we mammals just beeming with love for one another? Real life mimics reel life.
Two thoughts.
1. Isn't Cindy a female name?...Nevermind.
1. Isn't Cindy a female name?...Nevermind.
2. How would the marriage be sealed?...Let's not think about Ah Kong and Miss Darrow now please. The mental picture is indeed disturbing.
The world is getting weirder by the day. This is something to live for. To see how much weirder it can get.



2 Comments:
Duh, she's probably doing that for more public exposure of her company. It's just another crazy marketting trick.
I LOVE DOLPHINS TOO! Was quite disappointed that I couldn't catch the dolphin watch at Bali 2 months ago.
But this piece of news...
*gasp*
truly truly *gasp*
(people get sicker and sicker by the day)
Post a Comment
<< Home