Friday, March 19, 2010

A Sir and a Queen

Whenever I come upon the word ' cliff', the image of Cliff Richard will appear. Well, Sir Cliff Richard to be exact, and two of his more famous songs will start to play in my mind.
One of these songs is 'Some People'. Little did I know, Sir Cliff was born to Anglo-Indian parents i.e. which means he is actually of British and Indian ancestry. Hhmm, a similarity (if you see where I'm coming from next) to Freddie 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Mercury who was a Parsi (a member of the larger of the two Zoroastrian communities of the Indian subcontinent) and who grew up in India, in an island called Zanzibar, until the age of 17 when he and his family fled to England. Interesting findings, I reckon. Always surprises me, what I find on Wiki. Never know when information like this will be useful and needed in future. Who knows, it might stand between me and a million dollars one day.
Someone used to tell me insistingly that Sir Cliff is gay and that is why throughout the years, he has remained a bachelor. I was younger then and refused to consider the possibility but that was years ago and my naivety has faded since. If this is indeed true, it will mean another similarity with Freddie. "I am as gay as a daffodil, my dear" was one of his most famous quotes. Gay or otherwise, they are gifted artists who have made their mark and impacted the world with their music.
Without variety, the world would be monotonous. However, variety inevitably creates the breeding ground for sin to grow but miracles do happen and love flourishes, amidst the chaotic and cruel realities life sometimes showcases for us to see, to feel, to experience but most importantly, to learn.
Some people they tease one another
Take pride in themselves
Keeping the other one down
Well I'm not like that at all

Some people they hurt one another
They love to see
Hurt in the other one's eyes
Well I'm not like that at all

Some people are born for each other
They love to walk
Holding the other one's hand
They always understand

Some people cry some people know why ohh
Some people they use one another so aimlessly
Not like lovers do
Well I'm not like that at all

Some people they long for each other
They love to talk
Holding the other one's hand
They always understand

Some people cry some people know why
With a word unspoken with a voice unheard
When a thought is broken by a tender word
When a heart is moved when a heart is thrown
The silence tells you you're not alone

Some people they long for each other
They love to talk
Holding the other one's hand
They always understand

Some people cry some people know why some people
(some people are born for each other)
They love to walk holding the other one
(some people they long for each other)
They love to talk holding the other one

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home