Thoughts on a Tuesday evening from Together-Me...
I figure if I have my health, can pay the rent and I have my friends, I call it content - Lauren BacallI am truly contented then, in this sense. But then again, there's always room for improvement in certain aspects of my life. It's simply human nature, wanting more and I'm guilty as charged. However, I have learned to embrace the fact that I shall be thankful if it is given to me and manage the situation if otherwise. For there are others who are worse off than ourselves and the wheels of life will continue to spin, even without us keeping up. We cannot play the victim, everytime.
Hold on to the happiness we can grasp, appreciate those that matter and hope for better things to come is what we can do to help ourselves. However, first and foremost, we have to let go of what is no longer necessary first, for sometimes, letting go is the hardest thing to do and if we are able to do so, nothing is impossible moving forward.
What is needed is for us to take that crucial first step towards making a change in our lives and the rest will fall into place. Fundamentally, it is easier said than done and there's no denying that our choice will be packaged with hurdles, heartache and hurt but I have realised through my own experiences and from the tribulations of others that we are stronger than we think we are. This, is a gift that no one can take away from us. Even when we think we have lost it, it is hidden within our being.
You never know what you're made of until life breaks you into pieces and you have to put yourself back together again. Inevitably, the strength you discover along the way will be priceless. Priceless, indeed. And if you are fortunate enough to have friends and family who are supportive of you and your decisions no matter what, come what may, you are already halfway there.
Maybe sometimes, we've got it wrong but it's alright,
You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow...
-Corinne Bailey Rae
Maybe sometimes, we've got it wrong but it's alright,
You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow...
-Corinne Bailey Rae
Together-Me comes and goes in phases. Like a schizophrenic patient, between hallucinating and being lucid. Therefore, I decided that it would be wise to store my together-thoughts in a post for future usage and to 'break glass only during an emergency'.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home