Thursday, January 07, 2010

Ex-Energizer Bunny Me

Warning: You might find this post delusional.

This morning, in the midst of my commute to work nap, somewhere between the realm of the conscious and subconscious, I wished. I wished that there would be a jam from a certain road and all the way to the office in order for me to gain more shut eye.
I am such a sucker for sleep nowadays. Eventhough I get at least seven hours of sleep everyday, it does not feel enough. Guess it's pay back time for the many days and nights of slumber lost when I was younger and more energetic. Gone were the days where I would be bright awake the entire day with just a few hours of sleep. Once upon a time, there was once a challenge among friends to see if we could go without sleep for 50hours. We managed to and still had bars of battery life remaining.
My mum used to be amazed at my lack of sleep tolerance level. I remember her saying, "You went out all night, slept for two hours and you're watching tv now. Later, you'll be out again. Don't you wanna take a nap first? Dear girl, you will know when you're older." Yup, her words now echo in my mind for I do know now, and I feel age, kicking in. I have exhausted my energizer bunny coupons.
Back to my wish. It came true...! Right on the particular road. And I can confidently say that this road rarely gets congested let alone jammed up. Incredible...
My logical other half tells me it is only a matter of coincidence. Nevertheless, it started the day on a mini happie note and if more wishes come true moving forward, I will decide then if I really have powers *grin*

For with powers come responsibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home