Fit and Phat.
Questions asked by a colleague over nasi padang lunch yesterday.
Do you go to the gym? Nope.
Do you jog? Nope.
Do you swim? Nope.
Do sit-ups? Nope.
Do you do any form of exercise whatsoever? Ermm, nope.
Response: Maybe you should start being healthy and exercise.
Does it mean I'm unhealthy if I don't exercise? I was deemed as un-fit and there I was, enjoying and devouring my (I reckon), hormone injected fried drumstick. I felt a guilty pang after.
But the thing is, should I be concerned? First and foremost, do I have a cause to be concerned? I have been doing hell-lot more of walking ever since I moved down to the island. I lost some weight and gained it back but I'm still classified as underweight. In addition, I've quit vice number two.
The thing is, I used to (operative word being 'used to') frequent the gym three to four times a week during my uni years in Aussie (I admit I felt really healthy then) but I've gotten lazy as the years have passed and work took its toll. I salute those who go to the gym before the office in the morning and/or during lunch. Simply won't sacrifice some of my sleep and drag myself out of bed earlier to workout. I just don't have the motivation and determination to do so. Lazy. Plain lazy is the word.
Hhmm... lunch time is approaching and I'm feeling cautious about what I'm gonna put in my mouth. As age catches up, our metabolism rate tends to drop and since I'm just too lazy to get on the threadmill, I have a higher chance of putting on the pounds. Maybe I'll just go for a mani and grab a sausage bun. What the heck, screw it. I am not giving in. A complete lunch is a necessity. I'll worry about the calories after.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home