There's also a Rebecca in most of us girls...
... just as there's a Carrie. Miss Bloomwood will be in theatres soon enough!
I was introduced to the Shopaholic series by my brother. He bought me the first book for Christmas. Remember him saying, "Jie, you're just like her. Crazy shopaholic!"
I recall the poor boy following me around Hong Kong island for two whole days, queueing up with me to get into stores that already have a line at ten in the morning. It was my first trip there and I ran amok. Shopping amok. We would start the day early after a heavy breakfast and won't stop until dinner time to meet the parents. Lunch would be a quick bite and we will stock up on water to quench our thirst in between. It was an awakening for him. Told him it was necessary training. That he'll be more than and fully prepared when his girlfriend drags him shopping in future. But then again, there's the PSP or the iPhone now to entertain while waiting so the menfolk should complain less.
I don't know about you but I know certain men who do not mind tagging along as opinion giver/bag holder or even bill settler (lucky girls) for as long as it takes. Some however, will play good boyfriend and follow obediently for a considerate amount of time and disappear to Starbucks or the nearest IT store after. It's due diligence to them, one told me apparently. And as long as they have paid their dues, they're free. Fair enough for me, I thought. Won't ask for more. But I must say I don't mind tagging along to the IT centre or DIY store and I have done so. What I'm trying to say is, it works both ways. It can, if two people want to strike a balance. I show you my world, you show me yours...
I digressed. The trailer made me tingle and I'm looking forward to catching the movie this weekend. Just sms-ed a couple of girlfriends. I reckon the menfolk will kindly excuse themselves from this although I think they should watch as well.
They might be enlightened and discover a thing or two about what makes us shopaholics, tick :)




2 Comments:
I'll be first in line, babe !!
And thanks to you, I'll treasure Jem more :P
lolz
Ha ha. Jem is following you to watch I reckon. Well it's not gonna be a girls night out for me after all. More like co-ed night. Guys said yes and they are actually joining!
Post a Comment
<< Home