Friday, October 19, 2007

I will elope. Apparently.

"If anyone were to elope, it would be you." said KT.

Me?! Really? I was surprised by her remark. But truthfully, I do want a wedding someday and the whole thingamajig that comes with it. As much as I hate to admit it, I do like the notion of being proposed to, I do want to be queen for a day and I do want my father to give me away. I do. Someday, if and when I'm sane and ready.

I'm far from exchanging vows at this moment. I'm in no rush but sometimes thoughts about marriage are hard to ignore. Thanks to friends around my age who have tied the knot and those who will be walking down the aisle soon. It seems like everyone is racing to the altar before they reach the big 30.

Don't wanna sound cynical here but Life is not a bed of roses. Some marriages simply don't work out. The happily ever after concept does not apply to everyone, unfortunately. People do stray apart, grow out of love and divorce each other even though they have the best of intentions at heart.

Caught a snippet of 'In Good Company' before going to bed last night and was tickled by this convo between the two main characters.
Carter Duryea: Dan, you seem to have the perfect marriage. How do you do it?
Dan Foreman: You just pick the right one to be in the foxhole with, and then when you're outside of the foxhole you keep your dick in your pants.

And you hope that the best is in store and yet to come.

But the one thing that scares me about marriage and it works both ways is...
What if I wake up one day and realise the person next to me is not the one I want to see?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home