Wednesday, May 10, 2006

You know how when...

You know how when...
You reach a stage in your relationship where the both of you are comfortable and start sharing the same bed. Comfortable enough in letting her finding out for herself that you're a one man piece orchestra every night. Comfortable enough for him to look at a sans makeup, less glamorous you in the morning. To rain on the parade of intimacy, more often than not the girl is saying, "You've seen me in places where the sun don't shine so please don't break my heart, make yours mine" but for the guy it's "I've seen you in places where the sun don't shine, don't be a fuss and we'll be fine".
Nevertheless, intimacy can help to strengthen the love and help form a closer bond between two people. A test run before church bells are heard perhaps to see if two can live within the same confines, breathe within the same space and not wanting to do another remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre on each other instead.
You know how when...
You spend a few days of dusk till dawn with someone, you start to feel the absence of their presence after? Whether or not you're the hugger or the huggee, the hogger or the hoggee...whether you could not stand the sight of him anymore, or whether you thought she was an invasion of your privacy, you WILL feel something even if it's a tinge, a speck, a sawdust of something.
Truth to the matter is, none of us like being alone. Yes to some quality time and all but for an extended period? I reckon not. Think Tom on the island who grew attached to his Wilson. It was pathetically pityful. Poor guy, any rat would have long gone crazy by then.
Intimacy, it's both desired and feared. Difficult to live with, with pet peeves and expectations but hard to live without when it's good, so good... and missed, when it's gone...with a fullstop.

.Shared your dreams and shared your bed, I know your smell, I know you well..I've been addicted to you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece :)

3:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.Shared your dreams and shared your bed, I know your smell, I know you well..I've been addicted to you.

Oh gosh! Guess there is some sort of connection between you and I. I was having a big thought on the above lyric while driving home yesterday. Thought of... I should blog it.

And when I checked out your blog today... hmmmm... feel like I'm not alone.

Cheers!

10:47 pm  
Blogger Perfectly Flawed® said...

Once again, great minds think alike! *chuckles*

Realise our thoughts and the things we blog about are similar at times. Yup, good to know we're not alone :)

8:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home