Thursday, September 01, 2005

My Independance Day

It's Wednesday and back to work day. Throughout the whole of yesterday, I thought it was a Sunday which makes today feel like a Monday *squeamish*. Some issues have surfaced on the eve of the holiday which have gotten be bothered, less motivated and changed my perception towards work. Can only hope things turn out for the better. Sigh...

Casting my worries aside, what did I end up doing yesterday? A combination of two of my maybes list. I spent the entire day at a super packed KLCC , caught up with friends and bumped into one by fate. I also had my inaugural Twin Tower's skybridge visit. This happened by chance actually. MW wanted to replenish his wallet. The ATM was located where the entrance to the skybridge was and being nosy me I noticed there was a queue. I simply joined it and enquired on whether it was FOC. The attendant said "Yes" and I got 4 tickets for 3.45pm. He asked me "Are you from Japan?". I said "No, I'm from KL" and his professionalism and slang quite immediately went down the drain. Sigh...expected isn't it? Anyway...I thought cool! I've never been up there! And it would be more significant since it was Independance day.
The time came and after a short presentation of the construction of the towers, MW and I found ourselves in a lift with 4 Japanese guys, an Indonesian and a Middle Eastern family. We were escorted by a soft spoken, skinny tour guide with very girly eyes. According to Mr. Lashes, they have 75 tours a single day. That's a considerable amount of times, don't you think?
Short of our digicams and we would look like typical tourists. Did take some shots on my camera phone but due to lack of pixels, I shall not display it :(. Chilled for a while on the 41st floor and as we headed back to go down, MW remarked on a certain foreigner who he thought looked like Steven Speilberg. Took a glance and agreed with the uncanny resemblance. Could he perhaps have made a low profile visit and is scouting the towers for his next movie?! MW and I thought excitedly. Hhmm...

For the record, the past 2 weeks have seen me dedicated to KLCC. Will reach as early as 10am, have an American breakfast at Dome's and proceed to taking on the shops after. I have always enjoyed trips to KLCC. There's something about it. Like the ads that were featured on telly with the tagline 'There is always something for everyone to savour at Suria KLCC'. How inviting huh? How true! Yes yes, I'm the dream of every retail marketeer.
Something to be proud of as a Malaysian and I bet many don't know this fact - KLCC recently won the retail prize of the FIABCI Prix d' Excellence Award. It is voted on by an international panel of real estate professionals, rewards developments which show overall excellence in all aspect of their creation and entries come in from all over the world! Bravos to KLCC!
What's more it's the only place where I can find clothes that fit me. Not saying I have a nice figure but let's just say I lack fat, meat or fillings in certain areas which make it hard for me find certain items of clothing. Why else do I love KLCC? Their corporate colour! It's royale purple! *grinning*
I foresee a third time in the horizon this weekend as a request has arrived for a visit to the Aquarium which was planned for yesterday but got diverted so I guess I will be KLCC bound again :). Something nice to look forward to at least...
Where was I during the countdown? In the comfort of my bathroom taking a nice hot shower. Didn't even know the clock striked midnight until I heard fireworks in the distance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home