Heaven on Earth
“On earth there is no heaven, but there are pieces of it” -Jules Renard
There are moments on earth where I wished would last forever. Long for these moments of treasure to hang in space and time, if I could for all eternity, where nothing changes because I derived extreme happiness and upmost joy that there's nothing more I could want and need. Where I feel free as a bird...and satisfied with what life is showering upon me. Contented is the word.
Pieces of these moments have scattered themselves throughout my life so far. I must say I am lucky. We all are when we think of the atrocities that various parts of the world are going through. The good thing is that these jolly-lolly moments as I put it, are part of reality and it's up to me whether I want them moments to be repeated. Whether I want to ignite the positive energy or not. There are three forms of happiness that I have conceded.
Pieces of these moments have scattered themselves throughout my life so far. I must say I am lucky. We all are when we think of the atrocities that various parts of the world are going through. The good thing is that these jolly-lolly moments as I put it, are part of reality and it's up to me whether I want them moments to be repeated. Whether I want to ignite the positive energy or not. There are three forms of happiness that I have conceded.
1. True happiness
2. Choice happiness
3. God-given happiness
True happiness is when you get what you want, what you need and there is no price to pay for it. No sin committed for grasping it. No harm done. No tears. No grief. No heartache. Choice happiness is what you experience when you sacrifice true happiness. It is not second best. It is not a loser kind of happiness. Sometimes it is just a better alternative. It's what you realise to treasure more than true happiness if you decide to let it go and it becomes out of your reach one day. It's what you learn to not live without if you hold it by your side. God-given happiness is the purest of happiness where one feels happy naturally and do not see the need to change his/her life, taking it as it comes and not asking for more. It's not being oblivious to wanting more. People in this category just take on life in a simplified tone. Less emotional drama. Less predicaments.
On a more cheery note...
Merdeka is coming! Weeeeeeee! Holiday!
Was thinking of what I shall do on the 31st.
Maybe I'll be lazy...and just sleep in till noon...and wake up to brunch...
Maybe I'll catch up with friends over coffee...and have a girly gossip sharing session...
Maybe I'll indulge in shopping....which might be best avoided...at all costs!
Maybe I'll be a couch potato...watch old DVDs...and fall asleep over the afternoon sun...
Maybe I'll take a day trip...taste good food in a nearby state...but would the roads be jammed up?
Maybe I'll do my delayed laundry...I see a mountain forming in my basket...and I've been digging in it to find clothes I want to wear...
Maybe I'll spend it with my good ole' parents...don't know their plans yet...but it's quality time with them...
Maybe I'll just see how the day goes...when I wake up...and plan from there...
Raise your hand...how many of you feel the need to be patriotic and celebrating the point of Merdeka. Are you proud to be a Malaysian? Do you proclaim to be one when you're overseas? Have you done anything in the spirit of patriotism? Are you proud of our country's achievements? Will you on that very day wave our national flag high among the clouds? Do you have one hanging at home or installed a flag standee like some have on their car? Anyone?!
I know those who are mighty proud but I suggest it's the thought of a day off that excites us more. I reckon it is only in times of disaster and tragedy that people of different races, beliefs, ethnicity and religion will truly unite together under one name. Under one roof. Under one country.
Think Armageddon.



3 Comments:
question is what can you do for your country, not what your country can do for you, ask this - but remember, never cast a stone if your house if made of glass.
Happy Merdeka..
PS: Steamed fishes...delicious.
That question sounds oh so politically familiar :P
Steam fish sounds gooood!
time and place....
Post a Comment
<< Home