Wreck Of The Day
Sometimes I think I’m the firestarter of things to happen. Every so often, I strike the match and things become edgy. I dislike being in uncomfortable situations. Who does anyway, right? It’s the getting out of it and bringing back the normality that’s equally as uneasy. How do you sing to the right tune again? Do you let things solve themselves and roll back into familiarity or attempt to work it out? If the latter, you might appear to be pushing the issue and making it worse than it has to be.
At the end of the day, you think to yourself…how did something so minor manifest into something that influences and sets your mood negatively? You could be feeling fine and dandy for a moment and perturbed and out of focused the next. Once again I stand by the saying, “It never rains but pours”. You could have good intentions but sometimes when you mean well it does not exactly work and bites you in the face.
Brother e-mailed me this song at the most appropriate time yesterday. Has a somewhat catchy tune. It did lift up my spirits a little. Moreover, some happenings towards the closing of the day contributed to my state of mind this morning.
How am I feeling now? Pretty at ease. Hopefully this status stays and no other hiccups occur.
Need to take a breather. To plan for things that I need to do.
Need some calm before the storm…
Where is the moment we needed the most
You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost
They tell me your blue skies fade to grey
They tell me your passion's gone away
And I don't need no carryin' on
You stand in the line just to hit a new low
You're faking a smile with the coffee to go
You tell me your life's been way off line
You're falling to pieces everytime
And I don't need no carryin' on
Cause you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day
You had a bad day
Well you need a blue sky holiday
The point is they laugh at what you say
And I don't need no carryin' on
You had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day (Oh.. Holiday..)
Sometimes the system goes on the blink
And the whole thing turns out wrong
You might not make it back and you know
That you could be well oh that strong
And I'm not wrong
So where is the passion when you need it the most
Oh you and I
You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost
- Daniel Powter 'Bad Day'
At the end of the day, you think to yourself…how did something so minor manifest into something that influences and sets your mood negatively? You could be feeling fine and dandy for a moment and perturbed and out of focused the next. Once again I stand by the saying, “It never rains but pours”. You could have good intentions but sometimes when you mean well it does not exactly work and bites you in the face.
Brother e-mailed me this song at the most appropriate time yesterday. Has a somewhat catchy tune. It did lift up my spirits a little. Moreover, some happenings towards the closing of the day contributed to my state of mind this morning.
How am I feeling now? Pretty at ease. Hopefully this status stays and no other hiccups occur.
Need to take a breather. To plan for things that I need to do.
Need some calm before the storm…
Where is the moment we needed the most
You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost
They tell me your blue skies fade to grey
They tell me your passion's gone away
And I don't need no carryin' on
You stand in the line just to hit a new low
You're faking a smile with the coffee to go
You tell me your life's been way off line
You're falling to pieces everytime
And I don't need no carryin' on
Cause you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day
You had a bad day
Well you need a blue sky holiday
The point is they laugh at what you say
And I don't need no carryin' on
You had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day (Oh.. Holiday..)
Sometimes the system goes on the blink
And the whole thing turns out wrong
You might not make it back and you know
That you could be well oh that strong
And I'm not wrong
So where is the passion when you need it the most
Oh you and I
You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost
- Daniel Powter 'Bad Day'



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home