Living Without A Car.
It was my first day at work in AA today.
I joined the sea of commuters, drowned in my playlist and walked in my 4-inch heels (let's see how long this lasts before I opt to wear flats out and change to heels when I reach the office like many others do).
When I look back on the hours that have passed as the day comes to an end, my mind recalls...
- The view from where I'm sitted. Overlooking the harbour and nothing but blue skies ahead. Beautiful...
- Fruit Day. Every first Monday of the month, employees get to taste a different kind of fruit. For August, it's longans. My allocation was given to my new colleague. Not my kind of fruit.
- RM10 lunch I had. Fish in ABC soup with rice. Food in this country is no doubt healthier than back home. Less MSG. Tastes more home-cooked. And you get bigger portions. Your dollar's worth.
- The temptation to get myself inked after work but I decided to wait until the time is right. I even made an appointment but cancelled it later and headed to V City for toiletries shopping.
- The book that I bought, Haruki Murakami’s ‘The Elephant Vanishes’. I have this rule when it comes to buying books. I shall not allow myself to buy a new one until I have finished my current read. Since I’m done with Elizabeth Gilbert, no reason why I shouldn’t.
- Random flashes of home that I had while sipping my breakfast, my Milo Fuse. On what friends and family are up to on a Merdeka Holiday. On the fact that I am now living on my own again from Uni days. And that I might actually be living the life that I’ve been wanting. ‘Might’ being the operative word here.
- The call from my parents to wish me a good start. Felt the warmth and love in their voices. And suddenly I was compelled to tell them I loved them. And I did.
Spice is looking at me sheepishly and wagging her tail. We have grown accustomed to each other I reckon. I don’t squeak anymore when she comes running and she does not bark and try and lick me, much to my dismay. She curls up next to me when I’m watching the telly or surfing on my laptop now. What’s more, I think I have become less allergic to her. My eyes get teary and itchy and I start sneezing even when she’s out of the house for her walks but I have not been taking my anti-histamins frequently and so far, so good.
She has just trotted off to bed and I think it’s time for me to do so as well. Need to be awake the whole of tomorrow as I've got 6 meetings scheduled.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home