Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Answer...

by Sarah McLachlan

I will be the answer at the end of the line
I will be there for you while you take the time
In the burning of uncertainty
I will be your solid ground
I will hold the balance if you can't look down

If it takes my whole life, I won't break, I won't bend
It'll all be worth it, worth it in the end
Cause I can only tell you what I know
that I need you in my life
When the stars have all gone out
you'll still be burning so bright

Cast me gently into
the night has been unkind
Take me to a place so holy
That I can wash this from my mind
The memory of choosing not to fight

If it takes a whole life, I won't break, I won't bend
It'll all be worth it, worth it in the end
Cause I can only tell you what I know
that I need you in my life

And when the stars have all burned out
You'll still be burning so bright
Cast me gently into morning for the night has been unkind

********
Is the one you're holding onto, the person who will always have your back and will support you all the way?
Is the one you're holding onto, making you with promises that they intend to keep and who consistently reminds you about it?
Is the one you're holding onto, willing to trade all of their past feelings and relationships for a day with you, and in a single heartbeat?

Ask, examine yourself and you will see...
Sometimes when everything seems right, take a second look for it does not necessarily mean it feels right as well.
Sometimes, it does not cut both ways.
Sometimes, there's nothing you in your power can do about it, unfortunately and helplessly.
Sometimes, you knew all along but you told yourself you could go on.

Is the one you're holding onto, the person who wants to be the answer to all your questions?
Is the one you're holding onto, potentially the answer to all your questions?
Is the one you're holding onto, simply the one you truly wanna be with?

For it's a shame to make believe... it only works when we were children. Selfishly, we tell ourselves we're grown ups... but we learn to be so good at playing dress-up and inevitably, keep bringing those we care about down.

If it's a shame to make believe, is it better to leave?
Or shall we pause the tragic ending, accept the bite on our neck, bleed and save it?
While someone else stitches us as we mend.
And we'll live to see another day we strive to comprehend.

And the tragic ending, never ends.
The tragic ending, where we're choked with all those things to say.
The tragic ending, where we'll wash the sheets, clear our heads and tell ourselves, hopefully we'll be ok...

Maybe we don't want to see it, for the way it really is.
Perhaps, we're too ignorant, to realise what's important in front of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home