The Party of Our Lives.
The planning has started. The theme decided. Guest list prepared. The Pastor confirmed. Gowns and rings custom ordered. Ownership of heels seized. Venue and photographer booked. An almost complete bridal party.
Details, details, details. It's all about the details.
At times, I think everything's under control. It's been almost three months since he put a ring on it. Counting down, give and take, there's seven months more to the party of our lives and we have ticked off quite a lot of items according to majority. But there are days where I experience mild panic spells. Yes, mild. I used to plan events, it came with the job and I was good at it. I will be at the helm of things. Calm and collected. Behind the wheel. But when it comes to this very important event, the event of our lifetime, the usual composure is lost. Playing hide and seek with me. What's more, I'm fortunate enough to have someone else do the planning for once. I tell her what we are looking at, there's sharing of thoughts, we give our feedback and she will get things done.
In spite of having help by my side, my stress levels are at times double the dosage. Because, like a sponge, I absorb the stress he is not feeling. And he is just as he always is, together. Telling me to enjoy when I get highly strung. Enjoy the whole experience he says, the state of being engaged and the journey leading to the altar, to our nuptials.
He is right. And I've been doing better since.
What a radiant bride. She looks beautiful. Glowing on the happiest day of her life. I hope I too will be a sight for sore eyes, when our day comes. Of which his response with an accompanying smile is, "Dear, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to that." Nevertheless, I have resumed my daily intake of evening primrose oil capsules as a precaution. Hhmm, I am considering investing in those bottled collagen drinks as well.
What a radiant bride. She looks beautiful. Glowing on the happiest day of her life. I hope I too will be a sight for sore eyes, when our day comes. Of which his response with an accompanying smile is, "Dear, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to that." Nevertheless, I have resumed my daily intake of evening primrose oil capsules as a precaution. Hhmm, I am considering investing in those bottled collagen drinks as well.Fly safe and back to me... you know where I'll be :)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home