Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Scraped

A daily walk up and down the pedestrian bridge.
Sooner or later it was going to happen. I knew it. Was just a matter of when. Yes, it IS a sad thing to anticipate.
My favourite pair of black pants. Scraped.
And the same ole' right knee. Scraped.
My favourite pair of pointed heels. Scraped.
"Why do we fall, sir? So that we might better learn to pick ourselves up".
There I was, in a wedding proposal position on the pavement, when the words of Alfred the Butler sprung to my mind and I got up. Got up. Continued walking. With my head held high.
The Supreme Goddess of the office was tickled when she heard about my calamity.
The 3 words that she managed to blurt out in the midst of her laughter was, "You movie freak."
Sniff. Ouch. Sigh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor butterfly.

At least the wings are still intact ya? ;)

But I heard, this butterfly has a new pair of heels! :D

2:21 pm  
Blogger Perfectly Flawed® said...

Luxury that fits one's feet like a glove I must say :)

I'm lovin' it.

6:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home