Eve
Daybreak. Clean slate.
You dream. You wish. You make the switch.
Temptress. Emptiness.
Fill you with Love and God above.
So this is who I am.
A reminiscence. A face scarred. Lungs tarred.
You're never wrong. You knew all along.
It's just the alignment of the stars.
Head shaved. Soul saved.
The answers came more of the same until they fell away.
First taste. It came and went.
A heaven spent.
Too fast to feel it go to waste.
Goodbyes. Glassed eyes.
The edge of sleep. A numb so deep.
To silence the war inside.
I remember the chain of events before and after midnight last year. Remember them so clearly like it was yesterday. I was fresh and clean from a bathe, I blasted Crossfade's 'Cold' on my radio and I was heading to where you were.
You're my Genie... for only you can grant this Wish that I'm wishing for today, tonight.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home