Friday, July 10, 2009

BFFs

It seems to me our circle of friends don't change, as we get older. We find one or two groups of people and stick to the bunch because we're comfortable with them and most importantly, we can naturally be ourselves around them with no qualms.

When it comes to BFFs, the number I have can be counted on one hand. I used to say that they will be my bridesmaids when I got married and each bridesmaid dress will be tailored individually to their taste and personality. A bride who makes her bridesmaids wear ugly dresses so she can shine, I am not going to be. I find it utterly ridiculous. There is no excuse I will accept if any of them becomes a Mrs. before me and declines to be my bridesmaid. All they have to do is remove the ring for a day.

My fantastic four...
- One, I've known since 13, at the start of secondary school.
- Two, when I was 18 and in college.
- And another, of whom I got to know at work 4 years ago. (Hhmm, although it definitely seems longer)

Out of the four of them, three are of the same age as myself and stay in the same neighbourhood as I used to before my move to the island. Coincidental? Maybe. Proximity does not breed contempt in this sense for sure.

What's happening with these fabulous ladies now?
Well, from a love perspective, two walked down the aisle in '08 and between them, one is already pregnant with her first child. And the remaining two are involved. One has been in a long term relationship and the other is working on baby steps, embarking on a journey of simplicity minus the drama and complication. When it comes to our careers, we vary according to industries (retail, insurance, IT, education and banking). The unlikely thing is, I'm the only one who's out of the country when I thought most of us will be based somewhere else at this point in our lives.

Why are they my BFFs?

Somehow, I prefer this version:
Best Friends are people who know all about you and still put up with your crap.

And because they have been like a good push-up bra as the years have passed. Providing support and 'lifting' my spirits when needed. By my side, through thick and thin, even when they don't agree with my choices and decisions in life.

Thank you ladies, I hope you know who you are. Each of you are gems in my eyes, precious and rare... unlike friends in the form of autumn leaves, scattered everywhere.

Love ya babes lots and lots... xoxo

1 Comments:

Blogger popystarz said...

BFF as we will always, now and forever. Thank you for being you to be there for me... hugs & xoxo

5:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home